Roon asks for password every time I logon and then asks me to unauthorize one core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve had to logon to Roon by entering a password everytime I start. Then I have to unauthorize one of two cores. I only have one core. Then albums added from Qobuz take forever to load metadata information. I then get the metadata improves error banner.

I bought Roon to have a plug n play experience. I’m not getting this. I only run vanilla software. I don’t even understand the tech jargon set out above setting out details I’m supposed to provide.

I’ve tried a number of suggestions suggested on the site, but none of them are permanent solutions.

Hello @Peter_D_Castro, and thanks for your report! I’d be happy to help you fill out the support template, as the issue you’re experiencing could be linked to a few of these key areas, so let’s get some details.

For this part, we want to know where Roon lives. All of your remotes (like your phone) connect to the core machine. We wanna know what that core machine is, what operating system, what CPU, etc.

What router are you using? Does your core machine connect to that router directly with Ethernet or Wi-Fi? Is there anything like a switch or relay in between the router and your core?

Do you have a DAC that you play music to?

Thanks again for the details and please let me know if you have any other questions about these items!

My Roon core is in the NAS drive. Qnap TVS-471. It is set up as per Roon recommendation. Where do I get:

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Is this the Qnap device details?
qnap version: 4.4.2.1420
Roon build number is 571

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured).
    Everything is connected by a TP-Link router.
  • Audio devices in use
    Router connect by cable to Bryston BDP1. This is linked by SPDIF to Schiit Audio DAC
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    Music is stored in the qnap NAS. 15494 tracks
    Roon is controlled via wifi from laptops. I use Qobuz.

I’m having this problem. Roon does not automatically identify albums. I have to do it manually. Also it continously shows the album as loading even after it has been loaded.

This worked for me. I was having problems with albums too long to load from Qobuz and also having the metadata problem. I just hope it fixes the problem of having to input password everytime I start.

PS. Unfortunately, this does not work as a permanent fix. The next time I load Roon I have to logon and unauthorize a connection and I get the same metadata error notice.

this did not fix my problem

Hi @Peter_D_Castro,

I have split your post into it’s own thread so that I can better assist you here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

My Roon core is in the NAS drive. Qnap TVS-471. It is set up as per Roon recommendation. Where do I get:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs).
    Is this the Qnap device details?
    qnap version: 4.4.2.1420

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured).
    Everything is connected by a TP-Link router.

• Audio devices in use
    Router connect by cable to Bryston BDP1. This is linked by SPDIF to Schiit Audio DAC

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    Music is stored in the qnap NAS. 15494 tracks
    Roon is controlled via wifi from laptops. I use Qobuz.

Hi @Peter_D_Castro,

Are you using the latest version of QNAP? There have been some changes that might help with this, but it is still going through the QNAP App Store cycle, you can install a manual copy in the meantime though, see:

&

Hooray! The manual installation of the update to the Qnap app seems to have fixed all the problems.

1 Like

Hey @Peter_D_Castro, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if you have any further questions, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.