Roon Bridge build 171 / RAAT Server High CPU usage (300% / 100%)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB DAC connected to the Roon Bridge macOS 10.15.5 machine.

Description Of Issue

The High CPU usage issue is not isolated to Roon Server, RAAT and Bridge affected as well.
The issue started at 18.22 MST while nothing was playing the Mac running bridge was siting there idle.

Noticed in my UPS the load was about 150W instead of the normal 35W (idle PC), thought a malware was mining or so as I was not expecting that from Bridge.

Thanks Team.

What ideal Mac is this? Does it have the T2 chip? Does turning of WiFi help?

wifi has never been enabled on this iMac 2019 (no T2 chip)…

Any macs after 2018 are T2 chip equipped

I also have this problem with Roon Bridge! I’m also on a Mac, but on a laptop. Roon Core is on a different machine that appears fine.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
  • MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Roon Core, Version 1.7 (build 571)

Machine with the issue

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) with quad core Intel Core i7. (MacBookPro15,2)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • Roon Bridge, Version 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

• Ethernet cables
  • Wifi disabled on both machines noted above Core and Bridge
  • Netgear GS308

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• Parasound Zdac v2
  • connection via USB

Description Of Issue
Latest Roon Bridge updated last night and seemed to be running fine yesterday. Today, it runs using ~350% CPU (Roon Bridge) and ~80% CPU (RAAT Server). Quitting and restarting Roon Bridge does not affect CPU usage.

1 Like

I think this falls under the umbrella of this issue/update from @support High CPU Usage on Mac Mini 2018 correct me if wrong.

FYI @Robert_Cruz users reported that if they do disable/enable wifi the usage will go down to normal levels.

Oh! Didn’t notice that issue/update, thank you for sending the link. Also, I appreciate you sharing advice on toggling wifi back on; it’s easy to do and I’ll give that a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.