Roon Bridge on Mac OsX

@Eric Any more news on the log analysis?

Hi @TonyV — Thank you for touching base with me.

I can see that my report is still in our queue and in the interest of expediting this process, I have done the following: 1) increased the priority “level” on my report and 2) have scheduled a meeting with one of our senior developers to go over this issue in further detail later this week.

As soon as I get an update I will be sure to follow up with you immediately.

1 Like

@Eric Thanks Eric.

1 Like

Hey @TonyV – we had a meeting about this today, and unfortunately I don’t have a breakthrough to report quite yet. We have thousands of customers running in configurations similar to yours, and more than half of the team members on the call today we’re running similar configurations as well.

Something about your setup is different, and we have some theories about what that might be. Little Snitch in particular has caused issues for customers in the past, so I would recommend disabling or uninstalling that as a step you can try now.

Beyond that, we’ve asked our QA team to set aside some time in the next week to test out the other theories and see if we can reproduce this problem in house. If we can identify some steps that consistently reproduce this issue, I am 100% percent confident we will be able to resolve it, but until we are able to understand why your system (and one other customer’s system) is performing differently we are going to have trouble moving forward on this issue.

This is frustrating, for you and for us. If Roon works in place of Roon Bridge, I would recommend running that for the time being. If removing Little Snitch completely fixes this, please let us know. Otherwise, we will wait for the conclusion of the work our QA team has scheduled, and we will let you know what we find.

We absolutely intend to work at this until it’s resolved, but I wanted to be clear about where this investigation is at. We appreciate your patience Tony.

@Mike Thanks for the update. I have attempted on at least two occasions disabling Little Snitch. and there was no change in behavior. I’ll consider completely removing LS from my system. I appreciate your efforts.

@mike @eric Just a quick update I completely uninstalled Little Snitch using Objective Developments uninstaller, went through the required reboots. Attempted again and NO change in status unfortunately. Little Snitch isn’t the culprit.