Roon can no longer access music on Melco N1 server

Roon Server Machine

Mac mini 2.6GHz dual core Intel Core i5 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
macOS Monterey Version 12.7.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Melco N1 server, Linn streamers x4 (Akurate DS, Majik DSx2, Sneaky)

Number of Tracks in Library

approx 1300 albums

Description of Issue

I am running Roon 2.0 build 1357 on a Mac mini, specs below. It has been working fine, but now Roon can no longer access music stored on my Melco N1 server (Home screen just shows albums I have added from Qobuz). Under Storage, the folder is listed, but I am getting the message “Error loading folder. Unauthorised” I have tried deleting the folder from the Choose music storage folder page and re-adding it using the Adding Folders Using Path instructions. The root folder on the server is called share, but Get Info is greyed out as an option. Needless to say, the folder and all contents are visible in Finder on the same Mac mini that holds Roon core.

Is this “Get Info” message being displayed by the Melco N1 server - because I don’t think there’s such a message in Roon’s “Add network share” screens?

Have you tried rebooting the N1 server?

Hi @Mike_Jordan ,

How were you connecting to the Melco share, were you using IP address or Hostname for connection? If you were using Hostname, can you try IP Address connection instead? You may also want to set up a Reserved IP in your router to ensure that the IP doesn’t change over time. Hope this helps!

I have tried rebooting the N1, but get the same Unauthorised message

Can you post a screenshot of what you are filling in in the fields of the “Add network share” screen?

1 Like

Right, so click the + Add network share link and repeat the process of filling in the data fields - that’s what we need to see, as I showed in my post…

1 Like

I am logged into the server as a Guest.

So presumably you should be filling in the username and password with the credentials necessary to log in as Guest - I don’t see anything in those fields?

I don’t think I specified those when I set the system up. I can access the server and its contents from Finder and play all the music using Linn KazooMac

Well, you need to provide credentials so that Roon can log into the server. The default credentials may be simply guest and guest - but refer to your N1 manual for details…

I’ll give it a try, and thank you for your help!

Just searched our forum for similar issues and found this:

If nobody or guest don’t work, I think you will need to contact Melco…

1 Like

Sadly, I have tried that and it’s no dice. My Roon core is on an old Mac mini which will only run Monterey. On this machine, I am unable to add the Melco’s share folder to file sharing. On a newer mini running Sonoma, it’s not a problem, but i would rather not move the Roon core onto this machine. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hey @Mike_Jordan,

Let me know if you find any success getting in touch with Melco directly.

In the meantime, can you confirm all your devices are running within the same local subnet? Even something as simple as disabling wifi on your mac running Roon Server may help (if its connected via ethernet.)

Let me know! :+1: