Roon can no longer find Trinnov (Roon Endpoint) after Mac and iPad software update

I was working with a client yesterday and got the message when trying to use Roon that both the Core and the Mac and iPad apps needing updating. Once completed, the only output option is some device in his home he has never used as a Roon endpoint. The Trinnov no longer shows up Someone told me that the issue is the Mac and iPad software but I don’t know how to go back to a previous version.

HELP !!

So Roon can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I am not able to provide what you asked for. This was in a client’s home in another city. All I can say is it was working perfectly until we followed the prompt to do updates to both the core and iPad app. And now it does not work. Someone mentioned something about emptying the cache but not sure how to go about that - but will look.

Hi @Chuck_Gerlach ,

Does the user have any previous backup of their Roon Database? If they do, they can try to restore that backup, or perform a new backup and reinstall Roon. I have provided instructions on how to accomplish this below:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page
  • Restore from a Roon backup made before this issue occurred, or the backup made in step #1

If the reinstall still does not help, can you please gather Roon logs from the user by using these instructions and upload a set for review here and let us know once uploaded? Thank you.

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

The issue has been resolved. Upon installation of the new core firmware, it somehow disabled all of the possible end points. When we finally discovered what had been done, we re-enabled the necessary end points, and, of course, it worked as it should.

But thanks for getting back to me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.