Roon can't find Bluesound devices on my wireless network (again)

I tried this some time back, but worth retrying. thanks!

@john Here is an interesting development - I eliminated the router and connected my PC directly to the Vault 2 via a hardwire LAN connection. Although the Vault2 is up and running and found by Bluesound along with both Node 2’s, Roon could not see the Vault 2. This eliminates the router as a problem, leaving either the Windows 10 PC or the firmware updates in Bluesound. Remember, Roon functioned okay until I had two updates from Bluesound.

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

I’ve updated your ticket with the latest information you’ve provided, and the QA team requested a new set of Bluesound logs in response. Looking back at this thread, it appears that you were able to send over Bluesound logs once before, but there were SMB errors filling up the logs preventing the useful diagnostic information from being printed. Would it be possible for you to send us a fresh set of Bluesound logs?

-John

@john I’d be happy to do so. Can you refresh my memory on how to do this? I don’t recall what I did or how I uploaded them. Thanks, R

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

In order to get the Bluesound logs, you should…

• Open the “BluOS Controller” application on your computer and then select the device we are troubleshooting as the current zone.

• Along the left side of the app, you should see along the bottom “Settings” and “Help”. Click on “Help”, click on “Diagnostics”. then click on the “More” button.

• You should then be looking at your Bluesound logs. Select all of the text that is shown in that window by hitting “CRTL” + “A” on your keyboard, and paste it into a text file using something like the “Notepad” application.

• Save the file as “NADM32_BLUOS_LOG.txt”.

• You can then upload that file to a service like Firefox Send and share the link with me via PM or I can provide you with an upload link for you to use.

-John

@john Here is the link. There are three files there, one for the Vault 2, and the other two are for the Node 2’s. https://send.firefox.com/download/4056a68bb4fd9a1f/#5c7MMJrKijMoRepAwLdGKA

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

Thanks, I’ve grabbed the files and attached them to your support ticket.

-John

@john I just got off the phone with BlueSound Support. We set up Teamviewer so they can remotely connect to my computer and verify BlueSound was set up properly. All appears normal to them, including the wireless setup. They are “convinced this problem is limited to Roon and recommend I work with Roon to resolve this.”

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

The QA team took a look at your Bluesound logs, they are seeing some non-nominal behavior that would explain the symptoms you are seeing. We’re going to reach out to the Bluesound team with our findings and technical feedback. If we were to need to reach out to you via email, is the email address associated with your Roon account the best choice? If it is not, please PM me with a preferred email address.

-John

@john Yes, that is a good email address, I check it most mornings and every evening.

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

Thanks again for your patience. The QA team has asked for a set of logs in the following scenario:

A. Connect your Bluesound Vault 2 to your WiFi network.
B. Disconnect the ethernet connection.
C. Pull the power from the Vault 2 and reboot the unit.
D. When the device has rebooted, confirm that you are A) unable to see the device in Roon and B) able to see the device in the BluOS controller app on the same PC as the Roon Core.
E. Use the procedure provided previously to download and save the Bluesound diagnostic logs from the unit.

Your previous logs gave us some hint as to where this failure is occurring, but we need a clean test in order to rule out other confounding factors.

As an aside, I would be interested to see if after you have executed the steps above if power cycling the router changes anything.

-John

@john -
I did as you asked. However, neither the Vault or the Nodes were visible. I also recycled power on the router but that did not make any difference either. The log files are uploaded

@john -
Here are the steps I followed -

1. Disconnected the Ethernet cable from the Xfinity modem to the Netgear router
  2. Removed power from Xfinity modem
  3. Removed power from the Vault 2 and let it sit for 30 minutes
  4. Restored power to the Vault 2 – note there is a hardwire LAN connection from the Vault 2 to the Netgear router and a hardwire LAN from the Netgear router to the Windows PC, where the Roon core is located. The two Node 2’s are on Wi-Fi.
  5. After the Vault 2 booted up, I could see it immediately in BlueSound, along with the two Node 2’s.
  6. Neither the Vault 2 nor the Node 2 is visible in Roon.
  7. I then removed power from the Netgear Router, waited 10 seconds, and ten restored power. Meanwhile the Vault 2 and two Node 2’s remained powered.
  8. The Vault 2 and both Node 2’s are visible in BlueSound
  9. Neither the Vault 2 nor the Node 2 is visible in Roon.
  10. I downloaded the BlueSound logs per your instructions and uploaded them to the same link you gave me.

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

I will need a new Firefox Send download link for the upload. Old links are not valid for downloading new data, each upload will have a unique link.

-John

@john
here is the link. https://send.firefox.com/download/a71fea2e1c87f9de/#i3ytb2yEY_mIdEc0z5JsEA

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

Thanks, we’ve grabbed the logs.

-John

@john Given the tests and experiments I have run, I am guessing the problem is within my PC and the Bluesound gear, rather than elsewhere.

@john Hi John, anything new on this problem?

@john Where do we stand on this problem? I just had an update to Bluesound - I was hoping this would fix the problem but that update had no effect. It’s mid September now and this has been going on since Mid April this year.

Hello @Robert_De_Mattei,

I’ve sent you a PM with more information.

-John