Roon can't play Tidal through Lumin D2

Or instead of running an Ethernet line to the room with the PC as I described above, would another Wi-Fi extender plugged into the wall like what I’m using for the Lumin, work? Or would the problem likely be the same because it is still nit a direct Ethernet connection to the router? If this would work I wouldn’t have the portability of a tablet but could at least use Roon from the PC.

Hi @Frank_Gattuso,

Hmm, this is an interesting data point. I wonder if we start with a fresh Roon install on your Surface if that changes anything. You can re-install Roon fresh by using these instructions:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue occurs with a fresh database for a day or two
  • Restore the old database after confirming

You can only host the Roon Core on a PC running Windows, Mac or Linux that meets our Minimum Requirements. You can’t use an Android tablet or an iPad to host the Core on there.

If you don’t want to have a PC host the Roon Core, you can also build or buy an appliance-style solution such as Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK) or Nucleus.

I can’t comment on weather the problem will be the same, but generally speaking we suggest users install a WiFi Mesh (Eero/Orbi) network in place of powerline adapters/range extenders as we have seen mesh-style networks work better.

I would start off with the above test o having a fresh database on your Surface Core to see if that changes anything and then we can try to further pinpoint the issue.

I reloaded Roon early on I think with no help so didn’t try again. But, I went ahead with a mesh network, went with Orbi with 2 satellites for 5000 square feet, my house is about 3700. It is working great! Using the Surface Pro as my Core and have the Lumin connected via Ethernet into one of the satellites. If you have any other thoughts I’ll listen but thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

HI @Frank_Gattuso,

Glad to hear that the Orbi setup helped with this issue! If everything is working great, I will go ahead and close out this thread. If you have any further issues or the same behavior comes back, feel free to send me a private message and I can re-open this thread. Thanks!

Sounds good and thanks again for all your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.