Roon causing total system freeze/non-response in Windows 10?

@support - what logs do I need to post or send in order to find out why my laptop, running nothing more than a Chrome window and Roon continues to become totally unresponsive (cannot bring up Task Manager) and requires a hard reboot (or in some cases Windows+X and then “restart”)?

Basic info - New Dell Inspiron gaming laptop with i5 processor, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, several gigs of RAM, new firmware, passes all Dell and other diagnostics.

Event logs mostly unhelpful although every time I do manage to get a soft reset to work, I get a (not totally) blue error screen with some information on it, and it says that they are collecting information along with a percent complete status indicator.

What do you guys need from me to get to the bottom of this?

Hello @casey_cook,

Sorry to hear your Windows is having issues. I would consider it unlikely that this crash is directly related to Roon, but just to be sure I have a few questions to clarify this further:

• What exactly does the crash look like? Do you still see your desktop when this occurs but then the blue screen of death appears some time after?

• Can you take a screenshot of the crash and post it here?

• What is the exact local time in your country when one of these crashes occur?

The symptoms you describe here makes it seem like there’s a hardware issue somewhere, it’s very unlikely that this would be caused by Roon since Roon operates in user space.

I would also check to make sure that your display drivers are up to date and that you have the latest Windows updates too, as there might be something triggering this behavior.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.