Roon close after 1-3 days

I run roon core on my main computer.
My audio system is at another floor and run streamer to acces the roon core.

Any way to prevent roon close on main computer ? This computer NEVER stop running and I don’t understand why roon close after a certain time.

Solution to fix ?

I want my audio system all time ready to play … if I have to run the roon core each time I want to listen music, it’s not acceptable for me.

Hi @Eric_Turcotte,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you running RoonServer on this machine or the all-in-one Roon install? What device do you control Roon from?

Check the pc control panel energy settings and disable sleep, hibernation, and anything else which might cause interruption. Is the Roon app actually quitting, or failing to respond to network requests?

My energy settling are allways on max performance.
@Dylan : I am using roon on computer
I am controlling roon with exasound sigma streamer.

My network is wifi gigabits and nas is wd mycloud connected to my rooter.

Again my roon is closed … arrrr!
Linn kazoo server NEVER CLOSE, j-river NEVER CLOSE … only roon.
I can have roon running 1-3 days … and when I want to listen music (computer is at another floor) … my sigma can’t play anything because roon is AGAIN closed.

Hi @Eric_Turcotte,

Has this issue always occurred with this setup or is this something new that has happened?

Since you are accessing Roon from a different location than the Core machine, what kind of remote are you using?

One thing that might help here since you want Roon to always be running from the PC is to use RoonServer — It might work better for the type of setup you are using.

My roon seem stable now. He still loaded … With computer, it’s difficult to have something rock solid.

I will keep an eye on roon loaded or not to try to know what is responsible.
I put roon in startup to avoid not having roon ready after windows update et crash/reboot.

No more problem … I suspect was something in energy save settings or simply windows update.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.