Roon Community Conduct

All my hopes are in the Metaverse (or how is it called) to have more like real conversations :slight_smile: but a pub would be better

2 Likes

I 2nd that

Local area Roon groups maybe.

1 Like

You should start a Mastodon group!

2 Likes

Not quite sure how to take that.

Start a heavy metal group like Mastodon from Atlanta

Or

A group for predators (silly me, they weren’t predators)

All good - you hopefully saw the accompanying stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye emoji !?

1 Like

:slight_smile: yes, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely the Heavy Metal one… Give people here an opportunity to take that the wrong way and they will be off with their pitchforks

1 Like

2 Likes

Or maybe this one:

I of course meant the community-sharing software Mastodon.

1 Like

Yes and no.

Demonstrable fact.

The science of mechanics, electromagnetism, signals, etc., existed before we had recorded music.

Personal opinion.

AJ

Well said :+1::+1:

Precisely.

I see a false equivalence in this argument, please forgive me.

Music is indeed an art form. But the vast majority of discussions on this forum do not pertain to music, they pertain to the reproduction of music via electronic means—which is pure science. I’m well aware that as an amateur pianist I may possess some skills to play one, but I know very little about how they’re made. Similarly those who appreciate the artistic values of music are not necessarily qualified to comment on the engineering involved in designing gear that reproduces it.

When someone starts ascribing analog terms like “musicality”, “soundstage”, warmth”, or “imaging” to music in digital form, or insists that their $3,000 “network conditioner” has lifted the veils off of their audio tracks, then that person is making claims that defy the indisputable laws of science. And their actions are not benign—everyone works very hard for the money required to build their audiophile setups, and those parroting the marketing spin of peddlers of snake oil simply need to be called out.

7 Likes

Nice try, it isn’t going to make an iota of difference.

If that’s your belief, I’m sure you’ll do it in a nice manner as to not cause offence :grin:

1 Like

Art and science are not mutually exclusive things. At the same time, something that measures well doesn’t necessarily sound good or may sound good to some and not others. Something that sounds good may not measure well. There is no “sounds good” measurement.

Indeed! Not just the snake oil peddlers, either – those repeating and prolonging the life of various invalid audiophool superstitions need to be corrected, as well. As Bruno Putzeys put it, “This morass of folk lore has slowed down real progress in high-end audio for over a generation now.”

2 Likes

Can we please stay on topic here…which is NOT snake oil or anything similar.
Thank you!

6 Likes

You haven’t been on the relevant YT videos and comments :wink:

1 Like

IMHO, these are just a few examples of threads with impeccable conduct, and without sounding patronising, well done community. :grin:

4 Likes