ROON Controller is having problems [Solved: Update to Build 970]

Thank you
Over the course of my rocky Roon experience I have asked multiple direct questions of the folks from Roon (who I wont name) that were related to the troubleshooting process they recommended. The large majority -if not almost all of these reasonable questions went unanswered. This is what I meant that I was ignored.

I did have an issue that lasted months. This issue involved Dylan Caudill (?) who actually apologized for the amount of time it took. Brian Luczkiewicz has also acknowledged that the service I have recieved has not been great and that Roon was working on things to make it more responsiveto customers.Roon is a wonderful product but its service model could be better. I know I am not the only user who feels this way.

If you review my comments (which you say you have) you will find i have praised Roon staff members on multiple occasions. I dont ever recall saying “they dont care”. If I ever did say that I apologize sincerely and completely.

I will own up to the fact that I havent done well with Roons support system. It is a new experience for me to purchase a piece of equipment like a Nucleus + (not cheap) and be unable to get direct support within 48 hours. I dont mean a solution but at least an acknowledgement.
Containing my frustration, with this, is something I will do better at moving forward. You are correct. Expressing it does not help much.
I appreciate your note and I needed to hear much of what you said but I also would say your characterization of my conduct and service received is inaccurate.
Thank you again

Thanks for the adjustments.

I will do this over the weekend and get back to you.

I have performed the recommended steps.

When using my IMAC desktop controller with Nucleus + and external HD the following occurred.
I was able to navigate to the my artists page fairly easily (but not what I would characterize as quick)
After accessing the albums within an Artist I edited and saved changes to some of the Albums title etc.
these changes took about 20 -30 seconds to be completed.
After doing that twice when i navigated back to the Album lists the icons were all greyed out and I was unable to continue with my editing process. I could not scroll down to reveal the 1000’s of other albums that should have been displayed.
I have installed 32GB of memory recently into my nucleus at Roon’s recommendation. Just navigating between app functions seems to take longer than it should.
The changes recommended did at least allow me to access and edit 3 albums
Thank you

Music continued to play during all this but APP frozen with Display not reflecting the change of music or progress within that track
Thank you

Lastly,
App soon freezes when any functions engaged…navigation between tracks, albums , artists , etc
Thank You

Everything is good so far. I applied the fix about 3 hours ago.

Good for you.
Not my case.
Ill try the recommendation again in case i did it wrong.

Been working fine here since I checked in last, thank you.
Sorry if any others are still experiencing problems.

Mine now ok for some reason
Its not perfect but have been able to edit the albums i needed to

An additional update. The fix also passed the staying open overnight through screensaver and then sleep to still be working in the morning, which it had failed many times whether related to this issue or not.

Thanks for this update. Will it be rolled in to the next release so we are on the same release as everyone else again?

Roon Core Machine

Version 1.8 (build 952) stable running NUC i5 8295U with 8GB RAM (G8)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router Asus RT-AX88U connected to Cisco 208G Switch
Roon Software running on Windows 10 PC running 1.8 Build 952 (AMD Ryzen y 5800X 128GB RAM)

Connected Audio Devices

NAS - Synology DS920+ to Asus Router
Streamer - Sonnet Hermes connected to Cisco Switch
DAC - Aqua La Voce S3 connected to Stremer via I2S

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Remote seems to be having issue when listening to music for longer period of time. 30 min or 1 hour or longer. App doesn’t crash but I am not able to browse or see the current queue. I can go to settings menu and view and things just not able to browse or see what is currently playing. Also I am not able to pause/play or control the music.

I have reinstalled fresh, removed all settings when uninstalling the app but problem still persists.

Problem can be fixed by restarting the app but this is a little bit of nuisance that I have restart the app every 30 min or so…

Thanks.

3 Likes

Same here.

Roon remote on Win10 by default is running quite slow from a few days ago (probably from the last update). Album artwork loading very slowly or not displaying at all. No workaround / solution until now…

Roon Core (version 1.8 build 952) running on Synology NAS DS3617XS. Albums about 11,000.
Roon Client (ver. 1.8 build 952-64bit) reinstalled with clean settings without change.

1 Like

Hmm looks like i wasn’t the only one having the issue…

Hopefully someone from Roon can assist this issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! So far so good. Been playing music without issues for a couple of hours now and I can search for albums in Roon again without interupting the music on my dragonfly connected to the Mac.

1 Like

Hi Connor,

Can you kindly assist me with the workaround you have applied to other users to resolve issue with Remote?

Only difference is remote is running on Windows 10.

Thanks.

Hi @xtiva2000, @Csongor_Kovacs, @Osamu_SHIOTANI,

I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. The team has mobilized internally to lock down a permanent fix. In the meantime, we’ve made a backend adjustment to your account settings which should restore your Remote’s functionality in the meantime. I’ve pasted instructions below for how to implement the change.

Further observations on Build 952

1. Roon/Roon Core are responsive on the Mac-mini ; at the same time the iOS continued to play - but it has “lost” the song it was playing and was completely unresponsive to any screen tap/d rag etc.
  2. It now takes 10 seconds to start up Roon (on a very rapid Macmini)

Honestly build 952 seems a massive step backwards (at least on Apple kit - both devices and core)

I read of someone in the Community applauding the “new” 2 weekly cycle.
I think its very poor indeed.
We all pay significant annual sums on money for Roon - and expect better than Build 952.

Dr Alan Whitfield

1 Like

Hey @alan_whitfield,

I moved your post here because what you’ve described sounds like this issue we’re currently investigating. Can you please us which remotes your experiencing this on? Device type, and OS, please. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hey @thomas_clark1,

I know this issue has tested your patience, and I appreciate you having brought it to our attention in this thread. Our tech support team is U.S.-based and was away for the holiday weekend, so it’s been a few days since we were able to circle back.

I wanted to clarify whether you’re still experiencing issues and the extent to which the backend change we made has improved the problem. We’re here to support, and any information will help us pinpoint and resolve the problem faster.

1 Like