ROON Controller is having problems [Solved: Update to Build 970]

Not sure if this is part of the same issue but I can’t connect to Tidal and Qobuz despite being logged in. I also can’t access live radio. I can play Tidal albums from my library however. Restarted core multiple times but no change. Cheers.

Unfortunately, your symptoms are not the same that we are chasing in this topic.

However, have you rebooted your Core?

Thanks. I have turned it off and on (power) multiple times.

Tried this one more time and seems okay again. Thank you. Cheers. Bruce

1 Like

I’ve been using my Win10 remote a lot in the last two hours and it’s not had any issues. I started using it this morning at 7:30 AM. This is the first time in two weeks with no issues. Hurray!!!

Thanks @connor!!!

1 Like

My Dell just locked up for the first time today while playing Roon Radio tracks. I guess 5 reboots of the Nucleus did not do the trick. I’m OK until the next Roon update, just an annoyance.

Is any of the above related to the issue of “Waiting for your Roon Core” message that seems to pop up every few minutes on any of my remotes and stop the music from playing?
This happens on both my work machine (Innuos Zenith) and home machine (Innuos Zen) and has been bulletproof until the most recent Roon update.
Hard to sell people on the concept of Roon in my retail store when it keep stopping every time I need to demo!

I had similar experience after the “fix” but with MACOS controllers.

I applied the fix but took a day to run smoothly
[moderated]

1 Like

Tidal connections issues here too

Now when I go into settings the client crashes on win10 with Roon server on the same pc. Least tidal appears to connected again tho

Other remotes seem to be ok.

I did have to login to roon account again on the core, and many of my volume levels got reset to 100 on devices…it got rather loud

Roon seems a bit temperamental at the moment. Add to my list of woes an iPad App that regularly freezes (has to be turned off and back on) and newly ripped CD’s not appearing in Recently Added despite attempting to force a rescan via Storage. The Force rescan, Disable, Edit button doesn’t work via the iPad only via Windows tablet. Patience is a virtue. Cheers. Bruce

One quick update. Twice in the last 3 days I’ve found my server loses connection to my local library (on a separate NAS mounted by SMB). A restart of the service does not help and I need to restart the server.

The timeframe of both disconnects is definitely since the roon hotfix, but I also updated dietpi about a week ago so it could be related to that too.

I’m getting exactly the same issue. What changes have been made to thomas_clark1’s core and why can’t we all have them??

Hi - Any update on whether the changes have been made to my account?

Hi everyone,

We have included a fix for this issue in the most recent release, Build 970. You can read the full release notes here.

Please update to Build 970 on your Core and all Remotes to implement the fix. I recommend you restart all of your devices for due diligence after updating.

Please note: Since we have a permanent fix available, we have undone the temporary account settings change we made for some users to relieve symptoms. Those of you who requested the temporary change will still need to update to Build 970 at this point to relieve the issue.

@zenyatta80, @Michael_Kraftman, the temporary backend change may not have taken effect for you before we released the permanent fix, but updating to Build 970 should resolve the problem permanently.

Thank you to everyone who submitted logs and careful reports. We truly appreciate all of your patience.

12 Likes

Oh awesome thanks Connor for the updated information.

My issue no longer seem to happening any more :slight_smile:

Didn’t realize I had another issue… only realized by looking at the release note, play button for Tidal/Qobuz playlist issue. This issue has also been resolved… not much of tidal/quboz user when at home so didn’t realize this was bug… and just thought it was how it has always been… :frowning:
… anyway I can now click on play/shuffle on playlist from these. been getting around this issue by copy to local function…
Thanks once again for your support.

1 Like

Agreed.

I appreciate your help too. Thanks @connor.

1 Like

Thanks for your help over the past few weeks, much appreciated.

:+1:t4:

1 Like

Fix seemed to have worked for me. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.