ROON Controller is having problems [Solved: Update to Build 970]

After rebooting 2 times (3 actually), Roon didn’t lock-up, but audio stopped 3 tracks in on a playlist. Roon was still playing but no audio. I backed out and started another album and audio came back. This is not a new issue.

I am looking forward to the next Roon update.

1 Like

Hi there- having the same issue.

Temporary fix did not fix anything. Just locked up again. Thanks for trying.

EDIT: Frozen again. No better than before, maybe worse. I just did a couple more reboots, just in-case.

Temp fix may be worst. My remote running on Win10 locked up so much that I had force it to quit via task manager. Prior I could simply “X” out to close.

@connor Not sure if this is good news or bad news (given the few comments above) but in my case it seems to have resolved my issues. I’ve had music going for the last 5 hours or so and I’ve left the remote (Windows 10) open for the entirety with no crashing/hanging of the remote, nor the memory leak issue from the Roon server. When I’ve opened the remote on my Android phone it has also been connected and current (matching the Windows one).

I’ve been streaming a tidal playlist this whole time, have just switched to local FLAC to see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

So 70 minutes of FLAC have continued fine with no crashing or change at server or remotes.

Server memory usage has climbed in the last two hours but only to total ~14% (of 8GB) and certainly isn’t the high memory usage I was seeing when things went wrong. :crossed_fingers:

Can I get the fix also?

Same problem. When do I need to restart the Core. My core is on a NUC. Is this temp. fix really being implemented at a user level? :thinking: @connor

You have to be acknowledged by roon that they have added you and then double reboot.

Same for me last night. Stopped after three tracks, but worked fine when changed albums.

On my end, after I got the fix in my account backend, I haven’t experienced a single issue and I have had no need to restart neither my Roon Core (ROCK) nor the macOS and Windows remotes.

That’s also the case for me…

Fix didn’t solve it for me.

No issues for me either so far, though has been light usage.

Hi Connor, the situation has improved but I am still having occasional problems with the client app (iPadOS) appearing to freeze triggering the need to close it & reopen.

Edit: And an occasional core reboot is required when all else fails, not too often but still a PITA.

No lock-ups today after rebooting Nucleus a total of 5 times.

I totally respect over-achieving.

3 Likes

Thank you Connor, The rebooting seemed to help a bit with the crashing and freezing on the MACs and iOS devices. However the system will play for a few hours and then pause and play has to be hit again. So it better, but still stopping thru out the day. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I appreciate those of you who have reported additional follow-up here. To clarify where things stand going into the weekend:

• QA is busy testing a hot fix so we can roll it out as soon as possible. We don’t have a firm date at this time, but we don’t expect it should take much longer. We obviously want to get it right.
  • In the meantime, we don’t want anyone to be without a remote, so we have identified a backend account settings change we can implement which has relieved symptoms for many users.
  • Users can reach out here to request the temporary backend settings change on their account. @Stephen_Pritchard, @zenyatta80, @danny2, I will add you to this list and notify you as soon as we’ve adjusted your account. Please follow these instructions at that time.

@Vincent_Kennedy, @Jamie_Tudor I’m sorry to hear you’re still having issues. Please let support know if you’d like us to break off into a dedicated topic thread where we can take additional measures to try to get the remote functional until the fix rolls out.

Interestingly I haven’t had any issues today. I haven’t done anything differently today. I’ve gone back and forth to my working day remote multiple times with no freezes whatsoever.

Thanks!

1 Like