Roon Controller on iPad Pro constantly losing connection

Any update?

Hi @DrPo,

We have seen this behavior in-house but have been unable to reproduce this at-will. Getting things reproducible in-house on a consistent basis is necessary to proceed with debugging this issue. Is there any set of steps that you can use to reliably reproduce this behavior on your end?

Hi Noris, unfortunately not. Working in s/w myself I know that the worst nightmare is an error you cannot reproduce under some set of conditions :slight_smile:

If this helps: we see all the time (also clear in the logs) that the control unit (iDevice) momentarily loses connection but on 90%+ of the cases manages to restablish it with just a flicking of the screen (OK, sometimes you go back one screen which is a small nuisance). Could it be that what we see is the same process simply taking more time (above a certain threshold) which is programmed to quit and search for the server again?

Hi @DrPo,

Thanks for letting me know that additional info. I have seen this behavior on my end very sporadically as well, but it is not clear yet what triggers it, although a force quit of the app seems to resolve it.

As far as we can gather, it has something to do with how iOS decides that apps are in “sleep mode” and places them in the background. Once it returns to the foreground, multicast appears to be affected by this sleep behavior.

Since this is occurring on the iOS system itself, we don’t have a good insight as to what exactly is going on in the background when the app into sleep mode. We will keep trying to reproduce internally but any new findings are welcomed.

A post was split to a new topic: iPad Loses Connection to Core Every 30 Seconds

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.