Roon core crashes

@support
Started getting core crashes after ver 1.6. There is no error on the desktop, just closes.

I am using HifiBerry as my primary remote.
Win10 ver 1809 18312.1001
All media files are on a local drive. ~3200 files.

Event log shows.
Faulting application name: Roon.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c46aecb
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18312.1001, time stamp: 0x20ffcc86
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000fa5d9
Faulting process id: 0xed0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b6bca742b459
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2d12ce69-5610-4310-8690-7fcafbb418f3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks

Hello @Scott_Hartman,

How exactly does the Core crash? Are you playing anything right before the crash or are you clicking any button in particular? How often does the issue occur, every time you start the Roon App or does it load for a while before crashing?

Thanks,
Noris

@support
The crashes can happen when the system is idle or playing music. I have not had it crash when I am directly interacting with it. It doesn’t seem to crash on startup, usually after a while. For example, it has been running idle for the past ~18 hours without issue, but this past weekend it crashed a few times within a few hours.

Saturday morning the Roon servers went on holiday. Perhaps that is what you experienced.

Had three crashes on the 27th. 6:38PM, 7:12PM and 9:50PM. I am guessing not related.

Hi @Scott_Hartman,

Next time that a crash occurs please let me know if you were doing anything specific to trigger it. What kind of content do you usually listen to, were you by any chance streaming internet radio or playing tracks from a playlist?

– Noris

@support

The problem maaaaaay be fixed. I fully uninstalled control/core/remote and reinstalled with core only. Have not had any crashes since.

I’ll give it a couple days and consider it fixed.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.