Roon core moved to a new home

I moved my Roon Nucleus to my other home (for the season).

Last year I just plugged it in to the ethernet and power and my app found the core immediate.

This year I can’t get my app to find the core. I’ve tried powering it on and off and unplugging and replugging the ethernet chord.

Any other suggestions?

———-

I use Xfinity wifi - my Roon is connected by ethernet cable into an Araknis ethernet switch - I’ve never had a problem before. My Sonos is working in every room utilizing the same switch set up.

Thanks Brian Robbins

Try restarting everything including the router. If this doesn’t work, please complete the support template. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VPN-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

1 Like

Thanks, restarting everything didn’t help, and my local IT guys have not yet been able to crack the code - here is the information you requested. Thanks in advance

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus + on auto update

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Araknis router and switches - not using VPN others than for my company laptop but there is no system wide VPN.

We believe we identified the IP address of the nucleus (which wasn’t easy) but we don’t appear to be able to access any settings or the network interface since the core is not seen on the network.

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Gs1 streamer, 24 plus sonos zones, Anthem separates and receivers, McIntosh separates -

Number of Tracks in Library

Lots - I can’t tell you now because I can’t access the app or my library without the core.

Description of Issue

Move my core from my MA home where it was working fine to my Florida Home, where it worked fine last season, the system and apps here in Florida will not find the Nucleus Plus core. We have tried to restart everything - can’t find a way to get to Nucleus settings or any type of operational interface.

Plugging a HDMI cable into the Nucleus did not yield any positive results.

It’s possible you Nucleus updated to Roon 2.0 and your iPhone or iPad or whatever is still on Roon 1.8. That won’t work.

Hi @Brian_Robbins1,

Just to confirm, you’ve had the unit connected via ethernet but saw nothing when connected to HDMI? Did you try both ports and also try powering the unit up while the monitor or TV was still connected?

It sounds like your Nucleus has a HW issue. I’m normally able to see when a core is reporting back licensing information etc and I haven’t seen your core connect in 21 days.

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

Thanks - I do have the 2.0 apps on my iPad/iPhone.

Yes, I’m seeing nothing with HDMI in either port and we tried powering on and off as you described.

I did remove the core a few weeks ago from my MA home and didn’t install in Florida until a few days ago (as we were traveling in Dubai and elsewhere before heading to florida). I am getting green blinking lights when i connect the ethernet cable.

We tried connecting a keyboard as well - no reaction by the nucleus or on the tv connected to the nucleus view hdmi.

I was thinking this was a IP conflict issue, but its sound more and more like a possible nucleus malfunction. Let me know next steps - thanks!

Brian Robbins

Hi Brian,

I will send you a private message and mark my message here as the resolution.

Regards,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.