Roon Core on Linux "hangs" intermittently

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core machine: Linux 4.15.0-55-generic #60-Ubuntu (Ubuntu 18.04)
running on x86 platform: Ryzen 5 PC, 32 GB RAM, 500GB SSD
Roon Core Version: RoonServer v1.7 (build 610) stable on linuxx64
Roon Remote: iPad Pro running Roon Remote 1.7 (build 610) stable

Music files stored on Synology 1817+ running DSM 6.2.3-25426
Files located on \elhumongo\FLAC CIFS share, guest access without password.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ubiquiti Router/Gateway: UniFi Security Gateway 3P| |Version|4.4.50.5272448|

Ubiquiti Switch: Model UniFi Switch 8 POE-60W Version 4.0.80.10875 Board Revision: 8

Ubiquiti Access Point: Model UniFi AP-AC-Pro Version 4.0.80.10875 Board Revision 26

Roon Core, Roon Endpoint connected over 1GB cables, Roon Remote (iPad) connected to AccessPoint.

Roon Endpoint: NAD C658, connected to Roon Core via 1GB Cable

Description Of Issue
Hello,
having been running Roon successfully for a few days I have now started to experience “hangs” from the Roon core. They manifest as the Roon Remote GUI not responding when I move from a screen to another (for example “Album” view to “Overview” or “Tidal” or “Artist”). There seems to be no correlation to whether the requested information is stored locally (i.e. accessing my locally ripped CDs) or remotely (i.e. Tidal).

The RoonServer log is filled with error messages. Please use the link below to access the logfile.
Link to logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a7k75rd58876fk/Roonlog_20200907.txt?dl=0

Please help.

Best
/Hans

Hi @Hans_Wallentin,

Just to clarify, you are using only your iPad Pro as a Roon Remote and this is the where you are seeing the issue occur? If you have any other Roon Remotes, does the issue occur there as well?

I would also try to reinstall the Roon Remote app from the App Store to see if that helps.

Hello,
the same issue occurs from other remotes as well; an Android phone and a MacBook Air.

Thanks,
/Hans

1 Like

Still waiting for this ticket to be responded to.

Hello @Hans_Wallentin,

Thanks for confirming that this issue occurs on multiple remotes.

Can I please ask that you try the Macbook remote let me know:

1. The exact local time + date of the slow down
  2. Send me a new RoonServer logs folder
  3. Send the Roon UI logs from your Mac (you can access by using these instructions)

Once I have this information, we can try to match up the timestamps in both logs to see if there are any patterns, thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Android App and Mac App Freeze Intermittently

A post was split to a new topic: Roon App Freeze on Windows + iOS