Roon Core shutting down Immediately

Roon Core Machine

IMac i3

macOS Ventura, 8gb ram

IMac is hardwired direct to Luxul router. When I open Roon, it boots up as normal however upon completion of opening it shuts down within seconds.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Luxul Epic 5 Router, Araknis 110 SW-R-24 on Ethernet no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Endpoints are not Roon Ready so I’m Chromecast to 6-10 devices all Bang & Olufsen. This is a showroom

Number of Tracks in Library

~75000

Description of Issue

When the software boots up it shuts down within seconds. I get a notification from Apple saying Roon shut down unexpectedly.

Hi,

Can fill out the form to help support understand your environment.

1 Like

Hey @RTaylor3rd,

Do you receive a crash report from Apple when this issue occurs? If yes, please could you send over a copy to our File Uploader?

Let’s also refresh your database to see if that helps. Steps of follow below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve sent over the crash report (Rudy Taylor, June 20 @ 1722hrs) Unfortunately the software will not stay open for backup.

Issue continues after database rename.

Hey @RTaylor3rd,

Thanks for sending that over! Unfortunately, you are suffering from a known bug specific to Mac cores running on Ventura. Please see the tracking thread below:

A known workaround that many have used in the meantime is to switch their core over to running the headless version of Roon - Roon Server. Here are some steps to swap over to Roon Server in the meantime:

Roon 2.0 - Crashing on MacOS due to “.NET ThreadPool Worker” [Ticket In] - #68 by ged_hickman1.

Please keep an eye on the thread I’ve shared above, I will also keep you in the loop as things progress towards a fix. Thanks Rudy! :pray:

Thank you for your support. Switched to Roon Server. Well done @benjamin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.