Roon core update December 2022 does not work

Not a Roon employee, but while you’re waiting for a response from @support have you tried logging on to the Web GUI using the given address?

I don’t believe you need to reinstall Roon, that part seems to be working. It looks like a network problem. Is everything on the same 192.168.0.xxx sub-net?

Hi XXX,

I have tried to access the address via Edge browser by entering

192 168 0 10 or
192.168.0.01 or
http://192.168.0.01/

but got no response.

While you were typing, I added this.

Are you sure your browser (and other devices) are on 192.168.0.xxx. It doesn’t look like it.

My Wi-FI router is availabel via 192.168.0.22

Well, Roon is working. It’s sitting there at the address given, waiting to be contacted.

Trying (temporarily) disabling any firewall on your PC and using the Web GUI, again. Just as an experiment.

sorry for my late replay (had to go for walk with my wife and get some sunshine).

I have disabled my VPN and tried again via Edge browser to touch my Nucleus but it did not work.

No I have unlocked my Wi-Fi router and are able to see my Nucleus as ROCK

Are you saying even then you still can’t get on the Web GUI from your browser? Did you try with any firewall disabled?

No, I can not access the Web GUI from my browser, when entering

192 168 0 10 or
192.168.0.01 or
[http://192.168.0.01/](http://192.168.0.1/

even so it shows on my Hi-Fi router Web GUI

Again, if you have a firewall on the device that your browser is on, disable it as an experiment.

I’m off to the dentist. Good luck.

1 Like

thank for looking at my topic and I did disable my VPN no other firewall active but will check.

Have a brief dentist appointment

Andreas

2 Likes

Hi @Andreas_Gronbach,

I’m sorry you’re having these issues. I’d like to see your Nucleus up and running again and since it’s no longer under warranty, we’ll look at the self-help options available prior to looking at having you go back to your dealer for a service-type situation.

The fact that your Nucleus is pulling what seems to be a local IP address on the same subnet is the most puzzling. The 192.168.0.10 address is matching up with the last time the Nucleus or other devices sent data to Roon.

@Jim_F had a solid suggestion but I will list that last as it is rather involved. I will list a couple of items and if you have questions please let me and our valuable community know.

First, please try this:

On your Windows machine (with Nucleus connected etc) hold down the Windows key and hit R. This will bring up Run. Type \\192.168.0.10\ to see if you’re able to connect to it that way. If not and if possible, connect your computer to the same location as your Nucleus (connected to router, switch, or ISP provided modem) and see if something changes ie the ability to access this address and/or the Nucleus web interface. If it does, you have a networking issue of some sort and need not follow the directions below. Please see our article regarding networking for more information.

If nothing changes, please follow these instructions, and please note that if you don’t have a backup to restore, this will wipe your databases. You will start with step 3 of this guide (don’t worry about the name of the guide. The steps are correct) and once you complete it, contact me here or via PM to have the update servers change this to a Nucleus (not ROCK) install:

A happy new year to all involved and much love from the Roon family.

Wes

Dear Roon Staff, dear Wes,

thanks for your response. I will go through your instructions tomorrow Thursday morning.

Kind regards

Andreas

1 Like

Good evening Wes

I have gone through the suggested procedures after disabling my VPN to connect my PC with my Roon_Server (Nucleus) via WLAN and in addition via Ethernet, without success.

I repeated the procedure after I reset the software of my router, without success. All other devices did connect afterwards and were up and running (see attached file)

I connected a keyboard to my Roon_Server and tried to reset the network setting on RoonOS via [ENTER] “resetnetwork” and [ENTER] without success (system message see attached file).

Tomorrow, I will proceed with your second suggestion, the “factory reset”. Since I have a pack-up on a separated SSD, I hope the best. I will contact you afterwards to switch from Rock to Server settings.

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello @Andreas_Gronbach
just a shot in the dark, would you please try deactivating ipv6 in the router settings:

And enable ipv4 only.
Next reboot router, network and core.

If that still doesn’t work, would you please install the app Fing (network-scanner) on your phone and check your local network adresses that way?

Hi Axel,

many thanks for your feedback. I will try to have my router settings adjusted as suggested and reboot. In adition, I will try to connect via “Fing”, did not know the app. I will give you a feedback

Andreas

PS: I have learned a lot about networks and software the last couple of days, I am more of a user so, amazing!

@Andreas_Gronbach
I just went through your thread again and noticed this:

Screenshot_20221230_003556_Samsung Internet

Does that mean you have more than one router?

Or do you mean an ISP provided modem that your hi-fi router is connected to?
If so, which modem and router are we talking about?
I ask to find out if your internet access might be provided by a device that also has routing functions. In this case that could be causing the problem by having two different DHCP servers running.

1 Like

(Can’t read German, but it seems like that’s the problem).

Yeah, tried to go there 2 days ago

Hi Axel,

sorry for my late response but year-end, family and whatever neede my attention. I downloaded “Fing” and surprise my Nucleus shows up (see print screen).

I only have one internetbox giving me access to the internet, providing WLAN and Ethernet connections.

In addition, I have finaly found the function to switch of the “Firewall” of my internetbox besides my VPN.

Is there a way that I can activate and/or reboot my Nucleus and/or get access via the Roon GUI?

I did not do the “factory reset” yet, becaus there still seems to be some hope.

Andreas

In addition, I connected my PC via Ethernet cable directly to the internetbox, disabled the firewall on the internetbox and the VPN on my PC, and finally was able to pin my DAC and got a GUI (\192.168.0.13).

I was not able to pin my Nucleus Server.

That’s just, what I wanted to ask. Any devices missing in Fing?

I have a suspicion that the so called “Internet box” has activated a DHCP server in addition to the router, which may be causing an IP address conflict. in theory.
An IP conflict occurs when two devices share the same IP address on one network. This collision causes one or both devices to stop communicating:
you’ll see valid IP addresses on your network, but the connectivity simply won’t work or will be intermittent, rendering a device completely unusable in terms of network connectivity.
Please have a look: