Roon core update December 2022 does not work

What I would try before doing a factory reset - but before you do anything:

It is essential to make sure beforehand that the so-called Hi-Fi router is actually set up as a router and not as an access point!

1. Thoroughly check the “Internetbox” to find out if a DHCP server is active. If so, be sure to turn it off!
    The best would be to run this internet box in the so-called bridge mode, which would eliminate all problems.
  2. As I suggested before, disable ipv6!
    If the Internet box cannot be switched to bridge mode, deactivate it here as well and not just in the hi-fi router.
    Then unplug everything for a few minutes and switch it back on again, Internet box, router, switches, nucleus, audio devices and remotes.

Although it has nothing to do with the current problem, check whether something called “NAT” is activated in the Internet box. While this doesn’t cause any obvious problems at first glance, it invisibly causes a significant slowdown in data transfer on your local network, which has nothing to do with the bandwidth provided by your ISP. Roon in particular likes to react to such a slowdown in your intranet with hangs, gaps, faulty or slowed image transmission, etc. Therefore absolutely switch it off.
As I said, it would be best to run this internet box in what is called Bridge mode, which would eliminate all problems.

It’s confusing that the Nucleus and all your iOS devices show up under Fing. I’m assuming those devices, including the device you ran Fing from, are the same ones that can’t communicate with the Nucleus, but they are on the same network.

Along these lines, is the Nucleus set up with a static IP or does it use DHCP? A static IP can cause problems.

If you’re using a static IP, then that might fix your problem. Another way, if you can access your router software, is to reserve the Nucleus address from within you router. That will solve any static related IP conflicts.

That didn’t work.
Either the Nucleus firmware is corrupted or the problem is caused by two DHCP servers running simultaneously.
I assume the latter.
Although of course you can have lice and fleas at the same time.

Hmm, not only did it not work to resolve the problem, but it couldn’t run successfully.

That’s a concern. Maybe there is something wrong with the Nucleus.

This, as far as I can read, has never been addressed.

It wouldn’t be the first time and it wouldn’t be that bad.
If only there weren’t another problem.

Hi Axel and XXX,

many thanks for all your considerations and helpfull feedback. I will go through the complete routin as suggested by Alex and keep you updated as soon as possible. It will take me a while.

For the time being, yes DHCP is aktivated. From what I can tell, it looks as if there is no static IP-adress activated or mapped or a static router acitivated (an additoinal router in addition tot the internetbox).

My internetbox has two WLA’s one for 2.4 and the other for 5 GHz. Both are activated and automatically switched by the internetbox.

Happy New Year to both of you, Andreas

1 Like

I guess that explains it all.
It can be solved.

Happy New Year everyone!
:wink:

1 Like

Dear Roon support team,

After verifying my network services, router (internetbox), ethernet cables and WLAN after disabling iPv6 and VPN; Moreover, several reboots of my router, power-off phase of more than 4 days including disconnection of all cables and direct connection of my PC to my router, I seem to be unable to connect to my Nucleus_B.

My router did assign a new IP-adress to my Nucleus_B whenever I did reboot etc. My Nucleus_B is visible via my router_browser_GUI on my PC and Fing_app on my mobile, but not accessible via [WINDOWS] + [R].

In addition, my router a asigned a new IP-adress to my DAC, the same my Nucleus_B had been given, when troubles startet. My DAC (Sonnet digital audio) is accessible via browser (see print screen below).

From my point of view, I have only one option left before I have to visit my dealer, the factory reset.

Many thanks for all your help, considerations and information. I learned a lot.

@Wes I will contact you after the factory reset for switching from Rock to Nucleus mode (as I have understood it).

Best regards

Andreas

2 Likes

I’m ready and will get you taken care of once I receive the notice.

Wes

1 Like

Hi Andreas, @Andreas_Gronbach ,
You can try this method:

1. Connect the Nuc to a monitor via HDMI
  2. Connect a USB keyboard to the Nuc
  3. Press ENTER
  4. Type resetnetwork
  5. Press ENTER

Dear Nucleus support community,
Dear colleagues,

many thanks for all your considerations, thought and feedbacks, which I have considered. After verifying my network, even setting up my nucleus in a complete other environment away from home, I only get the monitor promt already shared with you. It cannot be the network.

After several factory resets from SSD, reboots and networkresets, I finally decided to turn in my Nucleus B to my retailer. Lets hope he can help me further.

Kind regards to all of you

Andreas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.