Roon core won't load

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Roon core suddenly won’t load on Mac. It freezes at the initial half circle and moving vertical lines.

Description of Issue

Hello @Robert_Farnsworth

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty getting Roon to launch on your Mac. We definitely want to get this remedied for you as quickly as possible so you can get back to enjoying your favorite music in Roon.

Can you clarify your issue so we better understand what is happening here? Is Roon not launching on your Core machine or is your Core not detected by a Remote?

Let’s begin by having you do a simple reboot of the device exhibiting this behavior.

If the reboot doesn’t help please try reinstalling Roon from our Downloads Page.

If that doesn’t prove successful please circle back here and provide a full description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to fully describe your Core machine (macOS, CPU, Ram) network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

This information is critical to diagnosing your issue and getting you up and running again. We’ll get back to you right away.

hi. i tried all above before posting. no change. roon core hangs on wiggling logo. remotes do not detect core. i posted my specs previously. issue occurred last weekend without any system changes.

I’d like to take a look at logs so we can have a better idea of what’s going on. Please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service). Thanks!

okay. here are the logs:

Hi @Robert_Farnsworth, can you please try this:

• Exit out of Roon/Roon Server
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location - Database\Registry\Core
  • Locate your tidal_account file and delete it
  • Try to start Roon again