Roon Crashes after ~15 mins of playback, cannot restart - Dell laptop/Windows 11

Hi @Michael_Kahut,

Thanks for giving that a try, and I’m sorry to hear the issue popped back up on a fresh database. After chatting with the development team, I have a few next steps to test:

1. Close Roon

2. Navigate to: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Roon\Database\Registry\Client\

Note: It may require enabling “show hidden files and folders” to see this.

There you should see the file: saved_window_pos.

1. Rename this file to saved_window_pos.old, restart your computer, and launch Roon then try to duplicate your issue.

Let us know if this doesn’t resolve the issue for you. If not:

1. Test out disabling IpV6 on your router and see if the issues persist.
  2. Do you have any third-party apps controlling your screen/monitor/light setting? If so, test out disabling this and let em know if you continue to crash.

Thanks, Michael!

At this point I am unable to download and install Roon.

I felt it best to start over with a clean copy to check my work with respects to the backups and the database. However, I cannot go forward with any of the instructions.

I may just have to stop subscribing to Roon and move on after many years as a subscriber so that I may listen to my music once again.

Michael

Managed to get a new copy loaded, configured it, created a playlist and started playing music.

1 hour & 53 minutes Roon crashed and would not start. Renamed saved_window_pos to saved_window_pos.old, rebooted PC, launched Roon and it did not start.

No aftermarket items are used to control the screen or light settings on this laptop.

Hey @Michael_Kahut,

Thanks for giving that a try.

You were likely running into a recent bug related here:

I’m glad to hear you were able to get things back up and running! That said, we’re not able to review a fresh diagnostic report from your core - it is not currently connected to our servers. If you could please upload another set of manual logs for review -

Thanks!

I will generate another set of logs.

The system only played music for about 2 hours then Roon shut down again.

I’ve deleted the last downloaded copy of Roon so I’ll start fresh and try to run it again, then generate some logs.

Do I need to connect my core to your servers?

Hey @Michael_Kahut,

I wasn’t able to see any logs sent over, I wanted to check in on this thread to see what your status was?

Sending over the manual logs to the link above should be fine! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.