Roon crashes and won't load anymore on Macbook Pro [Resolved]

I’ve had Roon up for several weeks. Last week the program crashed and I cant get it to load again. Will I have to re-install?

I have now uninstalled Roon then re-installed. Still when I try to open it, it crashes. What the heck? Any ideas out there? It works really nice when it works. Something on my machine?

@support Give Ken a hand!

Thanks for flagging us down, @Henry_McLeod!

@Ken_Nash ---- Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear of the troubles. Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of what could’ve happened with your setup, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• A set of your Roon logs using the instructions found here.

-Eric

What Henry said :slight_smile:
I’ve read through a number of similar question threads now but none like this. I have again un-installed the program, restarted, and then re-installed. Still getting white screen with Roon icon…and then crash. I’ll admit the crash report is gibberish to me but If there are those here who are fluent in computer language I can post it here.

Why don’t you just do as Eric asks?

Most likely, the OSX crash reports aren’t going to help understand the crash here. The Roon logs that @Eric requested are more likely to yield helpful information, but we won’t know for sure until we see them.

Thanks @Ken_Nash!

When you uninstalled did you also remove the other roon folders or just the app?

Thanks for the responses. Since I cant get into Roon I don’t know what version of it is now installed. I did re-install so assume it was the latest version.

My system is 2009 MacBook Pro with the latest OSX updates and 8 gigs of RAM.

All the music is stored on the disk of this laptop that has 95 gigs of free space on it.

Here is a link to the log file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpiw6aya137b114/kennash%40comcast.net.zip?dl=0

Hi @Ken_Nash ----- Thank you for the follow up! confirming that the logs have been received and are currently in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech staff. Once my report is updated and passed back, I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts/findings with you asap.

In the meantime, may I very kindly ask you to please try the following, to see if we can trigger a change in behavior with the mentioned device (i.e Macbook Pro.). Please see below.

• Locate your Roon database according to these instructions.
  • Rename the entire Roon folder to roon_old
  • Try to launch the application.

Please be advised - If the application does launch you will need to sign in as this test will have Roon starting in a “fresh” state. Furthermore, be sure to not delete the previous database (i.e ‘roon_old’) during this exercise.

-Eric

Wow, that did the trick! I followed your instructions and Roon is up and running again. I don’t know what the problem was, maybe you all can find that by looking at the logs. In any case, thank you. I appreciate your time.

1 Like