Roon Crashes Immediately on Startup (MB PRO M2, Ventura OS) [Solved]

Will do. Soon.

I am having the same issue. MacBook Pro and iPad both crash on launch. Nucleus appears up - I can connect to it from Mac. I have restarted nucleus.

What do I need to do to get the nucleus to update its software so that I can connect?

Very frustrating.

Hi @David_Feldman,

It looks like your Nucleus is on an old build. I will try to get it flagged for an update but if not, I’ll send you instructions to do it on your own. I will report back here soon.

Wes

1 Like

Hey there @David_Feldman!

It looks like things went through! Can you try and open your remotes again? If prompted to update, please do.

Let me know!
Wes

@Wes I get “There was an issue loading your library” on both Mac and iPad. At least it isn’t crashing with no info!

@Wes I rebooted core. Now iPad says You’re already signed in… it looks like you signed into another core.

I’m lost.

There should be an “unauthorize” button and then you can sign in again

2 Likes

That worked, thanks!

2 Likes

Wes,
I’m finally back up and running smoothly again. Thanks so much for helping me work through these issues!
Cheers
Andy

1 Like

Compared to most of the users posting this problem, I am technically challenged. I am hoping for a fix to this intensely frustrating issue that doesn’t require a deep understanding of how to copy or report info from my related devices. ROON has been unusable for over a week due to this app crashing issue. Please LMK if there is a fix coming soon that a technical idiot like myself can apply. In the meantime, ROON has zero value.
I use my iPad as my remote device, linked to a ROON Nuc. I believe that all related devices are at current software build.

1 Like

Hi @Neal_Harrington,

I have flagged you for an update as well. Please take the time to update your computers, phones, or tablets and you should be good to go!

Thanks,
Wes

Wes - I got your note, and it seems that you fixed the issue. So…THANK YOU!

1 Like

Hello - Same problem with MacBook Pro and Ventura 13.2.1 - keep crashing - any update on a solution?

From further up:

Hi Wes - I can’t access Roon > settings as the App on my MB Pro or on my iPhone 14 is crashing as soon as I open the app

I have rebooted the Core multiple times and I am current with Mac OS and IOS. Roon App is crashing as soon as I open the App on all my devices

Please flag my core for remote update - thank you as I can’t do it locally

You say: “I have rebooted the Core multiple times…” Is the Core not on your MB Pro?

If your Core is on a Nucleus or ROCK/NUC, have you tried reinstalling the Roon OS via the Web Administration Interface? That doesn’t require a Roon client to access the Core.

WES: I have been ignoring my issue while busy but my house is still silent since last update. I have a Nucleus with apps on laptop (M2 Mac Pro) and iPhone (15.5 but offering to update to 16.3). With Nucleus off, apps look for core and I can’t get past that. With Nucleus on, apps crash immediately.

Is there another way for me to get to Nucleus? I’m not a hard core computer expert. I don’t know your time zone but I have today and Friday free to work on this. Thank you

Please read my message immediately above yours in this thread… Use a web browser on your M2 Mac Pro to access the Nucleus’ Web Administration interface and reinstall the Roon OS. That should get everything to be using the latest builds of Roon and should stop the crashing.