Roon crashes on Linn DSM

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 Build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WIFI (optical fibre feed); orange router, orange live plug repeater

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

LINN AKURATE DSM, ethernet connection to live plug repeater

Description Of Issue

Roon keeps crashing on my Linn accurate DSM.

Hi there, I recently contacted you re audio drop on my Linn DSM out notably when playing hi-res files ; this problem has not really been resolved, and this ongoing defect continues to frustrate my listening experience.

I am writing today about another issue. Namely that Roon crashes completely when playing on the Linn accurate dsm. While Roon functions perfectly on my iMac, the main listening post in another room (15 metres away and a couple of reinforced concrete walls in between) repeatedly drops out completely. Every day I am forced several times to reboot my DSM, reboot the Wifi , restart the computer, restart Roon in an attempt to continue listening. often, such as today, I cannot even resume listening, as despite all the rebooting etc the Linn DSM can no longer be found amongst the devices or zones.
This is most frustrating.
I see on the setup page that I can alternatively access the Linn via 2 other methods - Linn Songcast and Airplay. I am reluctant to do this as I presume I will not be getting the full hifi listening experience. However, if you think it advisable or if there is no drop in sound quality, maybe you would advise using either of these methods?

Looking forward to your advice

Ian

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issue with Roon dropping out