Roon crashes when I add or delete tidal albums from the library

I have to delete the cache to restart… multiple times per day.

Hi @miss_my_zune ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. To help aide in my evaluation of this issue, may I kindly ask you for the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of current setup as seen here. The more detailed you can be, the better :sunglasses:.

2. Can you please provide a description of your network configuration/topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing in your setup. I’d like to get an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections.

3. Has this always been an issue or is this a recent observation that has been made? If it is indeed a recent occurrence, can you think of any changes that may have been made to your setup prior to this issue popping up?

-Eric

Windows 10 Home - 64 bit v1607
i7-6700 / 16gb RAM
desktop / no touchscreen
local files on a usb 4tb external drive
wired internet connection through a netgear router
audioengine d1 dac connected via USB

problem started around a month ago,when I first got on tidal and was adding tidal albums to my library in large numbers. tapered off when my library settled down. Has reoccurred in the last couple of days as I’m trying to add tidal masters and replace the non-master versions.

Hi @miss_my_zune ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are appreciated.

Moving forward, can you provide me with the history (if any) of your DB? In short, has your current DB been moved at any point, say from one device to another OR perhaps restored from a backup?

Lastly, this observation you’ve made where Roon is crashing upon adding or deleting TIDAL content have you notice the same with any local content? If you can not confirm this but would like to test please be advised that when local content is deleted from Roon it is gone for good, so just make sure you have a copy of the content handy should you try to replicate :wink:

-Eric

Eric, don’t thank me, I appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

I don’t think my DB has moved, it remains in the Roon installation folder but the data has changed significantly. When I installed Roon, I had an extensive library of lossy mp3s on my internal hard drive. Once I activated a TIDAL subscription I replaced the mp3s with tidal files. My only local files now are purchases of music I cant find in TIDAL, a small set, and those are located on my USB external hard drive. As for testing on local files… changing the name of the folder they’re in should accomplish this no? Then I can either change it back or change the folder Roon is monitoring.

1 Like

I just renamed my local file (with Roon running) and then changed it back. Roon library lost the files and immediately readded them, no issues.

1 Like

Hi @miss_my_zune ---- Thank you for the feedback! I would like to grab some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look at what may be going here :microscope:

I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Since I went through the drill of re-adding my local folder (by changing the name and changing it back), I just added a handful of TIDAL albums with no problem… that would’ve been a crash yesterday, for sure.

1 Like

@miss_my_zune — This is indeed a very interesting observation, thank you for sharing!

I have just sent you the PM with a support ID and instructions. I would like to ask you to please monitor the stability of your setup and in the event this issue comes up again could you please dump us the logs and we will gladly take a look.

-Eric

Will do… I’ll try to stress it a little bit today, see if i can force a crash. Thanks again for your assistance.

1 Like

I just experienced this behavior a moment ago. Listening to a Tidal album, got to the last track and decided to add the album to my library. With the track playing from my queue, went to the album page, clicked ‘Add to Library’ and Roon promptly crashed. Any solution based on logs from @miss_my_zune?

Hi @kneville ---- Thanks for chiming in here and sharing your observations with us. I would like to grab some logs from you and pass them over to my developers for review. I will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

-Eric

FYI, I’m still experiencing this behavior. I tried to submit a support package/logs but never received a confirmation so am unsure that I did so successfully.