Roon Crashing on Windows 10 x64 1903

Hi @dylan
Yes Roon has been stable without this album.
Here are few things I want to know

1. Why did Roon crash suddenly on Aug 10th without any changes to my library?
  2. Why this particular album? This album has been in my library for many year. So why now?
  3. If this happen again is there a way for support to diagnosis this quickly? I spent countless hours narrowing down this issue on my own with little help from your tech team.

@dylan
Any update on this issue?

Hi there @Arshad_Malik,

The team just had a meeting to discuss our next steps here and I wanted to follow up with you on this. First, some background information on what weā€™ve done so far:

There were a few users who reported similar issues. Once the problem was traced to specific albums, we gathered these albums and tried to reproduce so we could see what happened. We could not reproduce the crash with just these albums. So we moved on to gathering databases and tried to reproduce this issue with these albums and databases. Still, the problem would not happen for us, so it became clear there was a bit more to it than originally anticipated.

With that in mind, our team created some additional diagnostics tools that will be able to provide us some better information about exactly what is happening here.

Moving forward, hereā€™s what we are hoping you can do:

1. Reboot your Core machine so we can be sure that the latest diagnostics tools are available.
  2. Add the bad media back into your watched folder and reproduce the crash 5 times.
  3. Once this has occurred 5 times, send us a new set of logs which will contain this new diagnostics data.

Once we have the logs Iā€™ll pass them along to the team for analysis.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation as we continue to investigate this, Arshad! Itā€™s much appreciated.

-Dylan

@dylan
I want to clarify one thing before I do that.
After each crash should I restore data from Backup and then reproduce crash or I keep on reproducing crash without restoring data?
Please let me know before weekend as Iā€™ll plan to do it this weekend

Hi @Arshad_Malik ā€” No need to restore a backup. You can just reproduce the crash 5 times, send logs, and then remove the media so the crashing no longer happens.

@dylan
I followed the exact steps you asked.
I was able to reproduce the crash 5 times after adding the album and here are the logs files

Would appreciate if you can give an update on the progress.

Thanks, @Arshad_Malik ā€” Iā€™ve passed these along to the team.

@dylan
Any updates?

@dylan @support
Its been more than 12 days and checking again if they is any update to the issue.
May concern is that it might happen again to any other album and I donā€™t have time and patience to go
through this painful and time consuming exercise again.

@dylan @support

Iā€™ve opened another ticket for this issue.
I hope you guys donā€™t take 10 days to respond to this !!!

Hi @Arshad_Malik,

I checked with the team again on this and theyā€™ve confirmed itā€™s still being investigated. I donā€™t have any further updates at this time.

Just to verify, everything is still okay for you as long as you donā€™t have that one album imported, correct?

@dylan
Yes everything is working fine without that album.
Iā€™d minor hiccup with my subscription that was resolved by your other team mate.
Please keep me updated.
Thanks for checking

@dylan
Any progress?

Hi @Arshad_Malik,

I spoke with the team and, while there is some investigation still ongoing, but we believe you should be able to re-import this album without issue now after you do the following:

1. Make a backup in Roon
  2. Go to Settings > Library > Clean Up Library
  3. Check the boxes and run click Clean Up Library
  4. Try re-importing this album into Roon

Let us know if this works for you.

@dylan
Did exactly as you suggested but Roon Crashed immediately as I added the album and after restart.

Thanks for confirming, @Arshad_Malik. Iā€™ve passed this along to the team for their continuing investigation and Iā€™ll be sure to follow up once we have more information.

@dylan
3 weeks has passed and there is no update.

@dylan
More than a month has passed and no update.

@dylan
IS THERE EVER GOING TO BE RESOLVED?

AM I WASTING MY TIME?

Hi @Arshad_Malik,

I wanted to reach out because Iā€™ve received confirmation from the team that this issue has been resolved. Weā€™ve received confirmation from others affected by the issue that they can now add the album back without experiencing the crash. Please try adding the album back and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks!