Roon crashing upon open [Resolved - Reinstall on remote]

Roon Core Machine

macOS Big Sur 11.4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

Roon has suddenly stopped working on my iMac. I have re-installed the application a couple of times and have restarted my iMac, but every time I open Roon the beachball immediately starts spinning. Don’t know where to begin to start troubleshooting. I have a Nucleus as my Core.

Hi @Richard_Cheever

Are other remotes working okay?

Can you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

Hi @Richard_Cheever

I took a look at the logs you shared and I think we are going to need a little more information. Can you please follow the instructions below to also send console logs?

Open Console.app (this is part of mac os x. You can command-spacebar and then type “console” to find it).

Then go into the “User Reports” section, and see if you can find any Roon crashes in there.

For any crashes, paste the contents into a text doc and then send that file over to use so we can take a look.

Thanks!

Dylan,

My console doesn’t seem to have the “User Reports” section that you’re showing. I looked under crash reports and Spin Reports and there was nothing there. I also attempted to open Roon again while the Console app was open. It did hang and i submitted a crash report, but it didn’t appear in the Crash Report section of Console.

Please let me know what else I can try.

Thanks

Console looks a little different in Big Sur, but I think I was able to get the files.

Thanks, @Richard_Cheever

I’ve passed this along to our QA team for investigation.

1 Like

Is there any way to reach the QA team? I haven’t heard an update.

Sorry for the delayed response here, @Richard_Cheever

On the remote, can you try this?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Uninstall the Roon App
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Let us know if there is any change

Thanks!

Yes. that was the fix. Thank you so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.