Roon cuts out continuously, starts on its own, etc

@support

I had a trial membership with Roon earlier this year. Seemed fine.

I just bought the yearly membership and have continuous problems with it

Songs cut out (seem to be almost buffering) and resume 10 or so seconds later. Doesn’t happen every FLAC song but most. And happens 2 or 3 times a song

Sometimes, it won’t even find the speakers. I then go to Bluesound app (BLUEOS) to start the system. Sometimes even BLUEOS has trouble starting.

None of this happened before I installed Roon

Today is a new issue. I opened chrome and surfed the web. Then, music began playing through Roon.

I deleted and re-installed Roon but same issue though fewer cutouts.

Finally, I have very robust, high speed internet so that is not the problem however, sometimes, when I open a new browser, the music cuts out for 10 seconds or so.

Thanks

Hey @Howard_Borenstein1 — Thank you for your report, it’s very appreciated!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties here. So I can get a better idea of what may be happening, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Songs cut out (seem to be almost buffering) and resume 10 or so seconds later. Doesn’t happen every FLAC song but most. And happens 2 or 3 times a song

To clarify the above, may I ask that you please verify the following:

• Are you using local and TIDAL? Does it happen for both?
  • Does this happen for all endpoints? For example, if you play to system output on the Core machine, do you still experience this behavior?

Sometimes, it won’t even find the speakers. I then go to Bluesound app (BLUEOS) to start the system. Sometimes even BLUEOS has trouble starting.

• Is this with all endpoints?
  • How are the affected endpoints connected?
  • Are your endpoints all on the latest firmware?

Based on your report it sounds like there may be some connection issues occurring on the Core. In order to troubleshoot further, I’d like to recommend some steps:

• Reboot the Core machine, networking hardware, and affected endpoints.
  • If you have any enabled antivirus or firewall on the Core machine, try disabling them.

Does the experience improve any after following the above steps?

Regards,
Dylan

I will point out that the space bar starts and stops play in Roon. Maybe that is the ghost in the machine here?

Dylan

Can you please call me today to fix this or refund my payment

[personal information removed by staff]

Hey @Howard_Borenstein1,

I edited your phone number out of the post so that it is not visible publicly on the forum.

We do 100% of our support via the support forums, and while we sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site.

I am confident that, with some greater insight into what exactly you’re experiencing, as well as some more details on your setup, we can assist in troubleshooting the issue so you can get back to listening to the music you love.

In my previous post I asked some additional questions about what you’re experiencing that would allow us to better understand what is happening. Knowing the answers to those questions, along with having a brief but accurate description of your setup (networking included), will allow the team to have a better understanding of how to best move forward with troubleshooting.

If you have any questions about my previous post or are unsure of anything just let me know! We are here to help.

Kind regards,
Dylan

2 Likes