Roon cutting out and changing through songs rapidly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Running core 1.8 on i7-7500@ 2.9GHz

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

100mb fiber with Google Nest ac1200, pc plugged directly into one

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pi 3b, hifiberry DAC+, plugged directly into another Nest

Description Of Issue

Roon running terribly since last update. Songs just cut out while still playing (no music but still playing) then I hit volume slider and plays again. Almost evertime a new song plays, it does this and then sometimes just starts rapidly flipping through songs. Play mostly on Tidal. Sometimes blames Tidal for running too slowly which is BS. Not impressed

1 Like

And yes I tried playing an audio file on core PC and it does same thing, plays for a few seconds and then says “file loading too slowly, may indicate a performance or hardware problem”.

1 Like

Is anyone from Roon going to respond?

1 Like

Apparently Roon doesn’t reply to support problems anymore. I upgraded my internet speed from 100mbps to 250mbps and it works now. My guess is Roon is so laden with all the great features that it can’t handle the basic function of playing music without ridiculous internet speed requirements.

Hey @Donald_Adams,

I can imagine the frustration levels when needing help and receiving no reply. Please, accept my deep apology for the delay in responding. We have not given up on replying - it’s just taking us much longer than normal and than we had hoped :pleading_face:. I am sorry.

It looks like the issue you’ve initially reported is now resolved due to your troubleshooting efforts (thank you! :pray: ). Is there anything we can do to help now? :nerd_face:

I wouldn’t say its fixed. I’ll continue to monitor it. I have sent logs on another message that I was able to get someone to respond to.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say its solved. I think a bug was introduced with the latest update because my system worked fine before and the only thing changed was Roon. Same as the bug they have with graphic drivers that wasn’t there before. It plays fine for a while then just starts doing this for no reason.

1 Like

Yes it happens with music from my hard drive as well.

1 Like

Hi @Donald_Adams

Does this happen with every endpoint? If you play to the system output of a remote device do you see the same thing occur?

The next time this happens can you make a note of the time it happens, the device you’re playing to, and the track you’re playing when it happens? We’ll enable diagnostics and take a look. Thanks!

The last time it happened, it didn’t on my other end point or directly from pc. After getting log files, it worked fine again on the endpoint it want working on. I will check tonight and see if I can get it to do it again and then try other endpoint immediately.

1 Like

Sorry meant it worked fine on endpoint I was having trouble with after checking other endpoint and pc and grabbing logs.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Playback Skipped

I agree. Mine seems to happen afters its been playing for a while and I have been able to get it to occur on my Allo Piano so its not just the Hifiberry. It always says the same thing, Tidal or music files are running to slowly and its a network problem. There is no network problem at my house. I have 200GBS speed.

1 Like

Hello @Donald_Adams ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can you please let us know the exact local time + date + track you next have an issue with and then use these instructions to send us a copy of your Roon logs for review?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.