ROCK: Version 1.8 (build 806) stable

Network Details

Gigabit Lan, Cisco Switches and RV340 router

Audio Devices

Nothing connected to the PC in question

Library Size

8506 songs

Description of Issue

After update, Roon desktop (wine on linux) is unable to connect to the NUC/ROCK core anymore. It is showing the core, but says “initializing” … was just using it just before update to stream to a rpi based headphone setup. After update it is not connecting.
I am using my other devices, an android phone with older build(795) and an android tablet running new build (806).

Hey @Santanu_Sinha,

Thanks so much for letting us know of this right away. And sorry about the trouble as the update was released :sweat:

Have you tried rebooting your Core? Turning it off, unplugging it completely and turning it back on. Does that help?

Sadly this belongs in the #tinkering section – already reported there, but no solution so far (see mine and following posts there):

No (not a Core problem).

1 Like

It is indeed not a core problem. Restarted the core and other android devices are working fine with updated app.

Looks like something to do with a cert or tls handling while communicating with the core. Not sure.

Error logs:

0130:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
0130:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
GnuTLS error: Decryption has failed.
0168:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
0168:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
0104:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733
0104:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> ?('', 12, 18) request failed with status 0x2733

I know Roon on Linux is not officially supported, however a fix would be highly appreciated. I do not have any Windows/Mac systems at home.

Hi,

today I made the same mistake and updated my Roon Desktop on Wine 6 in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to 806.
Previous version (795) worked nice in Linux. Now I’am stuck on ‘initializing’. Reboots didn’t help.
It’s frustrating, I did few Roon upgrades in the past with no problem. Even upgrade of Wine from 5 to 6 went fine.

roon_start

Hey @vlad_k,

I am so sorry we didn’t see this until today…so much later than we had wanted.

I was wondering if this is still an issue or that, maybe, subsequent releases helped? Could you please let us know if there’s anything we can do? :nerd_face:

This is still broken in the latest update. So no desktop roon experience for Linux folks anymore. :frowning:

I have already solved this here:

First solution was to downgrade to 1.7.

Later I upgraded Ubuntu from 18.04 to 20.04 and then I was able to use latest Roon version again.

To make matters worse it broke again after MESA drivers upgrade in 20.04. The solution was rather easy:

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.6

2 Likes

Hello @vlad_k !

Thank you for kindly sharing the work through you discovered for this issue. I’m hopeful that it helps @Santanu_Sinha as well. :pray: :headphones:

1 Like