Roon does hardware [Nucleus introduced in Munich]

wait until you see it in person, it’s very pretty – you will want it on top of all your other gear.

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Is the Nucleus case available?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Going DIY + ROCK. Here is my configuration: Suggestions?

Will it be available in the UK?

1 Like

Now the “surprise” is out, I’m just curious​ if this’s​ all of it or if there’s more part(s) to the surprise that’s yet to be revealed​? :wink:

5 posts were split to a new topic: ROCK hardware options

4 posts were split to a new topic: Do I need to install RoonServer on ROCK?

2 posts were split to a new topic: With ROCK, Can I store music on an SSD?

3 posts were split to a new topic: ROCK exposing SMB share?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Nucleus colors?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Playing AAC files causing “modem-like” noises

I think I will be going down the home brewed NUC/Rock route but I am a bit of a techophobe and will also give thought to saving my pennies and plumping for Nucleus. I hope this question does not give rise to offence but if Roon, for whatever reason, closes down or a new kid on the block comes up with a whizz-bang player, will it be possible to repurpose the hardware?

Yes of course the HW is standard it is the os that is customised.

:slight_smile: thanks

August, is it? @Danny ?

I want one, in spite of having a NUC and a SonicOrbiter.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.

:stuck_out_tongue:

yah, possibly earlier, but august is safe

Why would anyone pay $1200 for the Nucleus when a Mac Mini with i5, 256GB flash (four times more!), 8GB memory (twice) costs $900? and it’s a full fledged computer made by Apple

@Ran_Rinat
Horses for courses I guess.

Mac mini is not fanless.
Nucleus runs ROCK a customised os.
You don’t need a full Apple or Windows system to run Roon now.
Nucleus is a turnkey solution and that has huge appeal to non technical buyers.

And yet if you don’t want Nucleus you can just run Roon on a Mac, Windows, Linux pc or indeed on a Qnap, pretty impressive choice I would say.

Russ

1 Like

Why buy a Mac Mini when you can buy a NUC with current generation CPU.

3 Likes