Roon does not play Qobuz anymore

Hi @Michael_Weber2,

I agree with @Rugby here in that the Powerline adapters can cause similar issues, especially if there is packets being dropped.

Can you please try to connect your Nucleus directly to the router and verify if there are any issues with that configuration for a few days?

If there are no issues with the direct connection, you may want to replace the Powerline adapter with a Mesh-WiFi networked solution.

Hi Noris,

I already connected the nucleus to the router the last weekend. And it worked. The way to my Hifi set is still trough the powerline. If roon with Qobuz only work if directly connected to the router the nucleus is obsolet as I can use roon on my NAS which works very well. I just use the nucleus as I was told that this is the better solution and I can use in my living roon as it has no fans. :frowning:

A Mash WiFi does not work probably at my home (too much solid concrete slabs and really thick walls). I already checked this for other purposes. And for accessing the living room I have to use the powerline anyhow for the WiFi access point.

But two questions are still open: 1.) Why is Tidal running so well?
2.) What changed after November 2020 at roon or Qobuz?
I did not change anything in my system neither IT Stuff nor Hifi Stuff. The problems started with the extension of my Qobuz sublime abo (with discount from 300 -> 250€) in November.

Please let me stress that I use roon only because I like to listen to music on my Hifi System. For nothing else. My passion is music not IT. I dont like to spend weeks for checking several different set ups. Or at the end tuning my private net work and go into new cable network.
I once again point out my system worked for nearly two years without any problem !

Hi Noris,

Today (Friday, Jan 29th) I installed my iMAC into my system. Exactly at the same place where my nucleus used to be.
And everything work well - Qobuz, Tidal and roon. Then I switched back to nucleus and Qobuz and Tidal did not work anymore. I changed the nucleus und my iMAC three time back and forth within an time periode of round about three hours. Always the same result: iMAC works - nucleus does not work.

Before this test I test streaming Qobuz via mconnect directly to my DAC. Sounds not as good as roon but it worked.

All this happens behind the power line.

Now I guess that my nucleus has got a male function. Do you have any idea how to check this explicitly.
Or shall I ask the German Importeur?

Hi Michael, how did it end? Has the Qobuz problem at your Nucleus been solved? I have similar problems, all of a sudden without having changed anything in the setup.

Hi Sjaak-Deen,

Short Version of the Story:
I bought a MAC MINI i7 - installed roon - all works perfect no problems from the very
Beginning.
Comparing the nucleus and the Mac Mini I Must say That the Mac Mini performs better in any case - dsp works completly.

I have to Point out That I only changed nucleus by Mac Mini. Nothing Else. Not one cable. Same Network set up.

I sent back the nucleus to the importeur for checking. Actually I am waiting to get it sent back. Then I will sell the nucleus. I am finished with roon hardware.

Thank you for your response Michael. I’m afraid my Nucleus has insoluble defects just like yours. I have already tried everything as far as I know about it. My Nucleus is now a month and a half old, and the problems started over a week ago, without any change to my setup. I bought the Nucleus because of its convenience, but that is quite disappointing.

Hi @Michael_Weber2 ,

Sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get the Nucleus to work properly through the powerline adapter, these kinds of adapters can cause bad interactions in hardware, especially Linux. If you plan to bypass the powerline in the future and have a direct Ethernet run, that would be the best solution here.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.