Roon Core Machine

Synology DS720+, Intel, 6GBRAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No VPN, Ethernet Gigabit

Connected Audio Devices

Hegel H390, NADM10, NAD T778, PC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Some tracks do not play in Roon : example the whole Earth Moving album by Mike Oldfield.
It does not matter what the endpoint is (my phone, my Hegel Amp, my NAD amp, my PC). Nothing happens.
I’ve only seen it happening with Tidal songs (Tidal plays without any issue).

There is an AAC and a FLAC version, both play OK for me. Are you trying to play the AAC? Does the FLAC work? If only the AAC fails, did you install the codecs (for AAC and mp3) correctly?

@Suedkiez You were right - thank you. I did not check the versions tab. It was the AAC version with issues. I will need to install the proper drivers.
Do you know how can I select by default the Flac version when multiple versions are available?

If you add only one of them to the library, that’s the one that will play if you click Play on the album page. If you add both of them, then you can go to the Versions tab and click the three-dot menu and choose “Make primary”.

(The above is assuming that you have version grouping enabled: Roon Settings > General > Browsing preferences > Show hidden tracks and albums > No. If this is set to Yes, then any version you added to the library will be displayed separately in the albums overview, anyway)

And I don’t have a Synology but I think installing the codes should probably work like this if that didn’t change. Make sure to pick the right version for your NAS.

And unpack the downloaded file so that you see the individual files. You only need the one “ffmpeg” file that’s in the package somewhere. Maybe this helps further:

Installed ffpmeg and AAC is now working. Yey :slight_smile: This also fixed some live stations that were broadcasting in AAC.
The only issue now is that altough Roon shows the version of the album (e.g. Earth Moving) as 44.1Khz, on the signal path is shows 22.1Khz. Any idea why? The live station shows 44.1Khz.

Good work with the ffmpeg but I think you are still playing the AAC version and that just happens to have that format. (Yes I know it says AAC 44.1 kHz in the Format info, but that may be wrong as it is just metadata. The signal path doesn’t lie). But there is no reason to play the AAC as you have the FLAC in Tidal. Play the FLAC / make it the primary version

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.