Roon does not recognise/decode some MQA files under the same CD rip

(James Leung) #1

Hi there,

I ripped the Hi-Res sampler for Classics MQA CD in FLAC format. Tagged all songs with the MQA tag restorer.

When I stream (Hifi Cast) from NAS to the Matrix x-Sabre DAC (MQA decoder), every song is decoded in MQA properly.

However, when I play it through Roon, the first song could not be recognized as MQA format but all other songs are decoded as MQA just fine. I have re-ripped the CD many times but it is still the same.

Any help anyone can provide?

Thanks
James

(Noris) #2

Hi @James_Leung,

Can you please send me this album via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com? Please send it as a private message by clicking my name and then pressing message. Thanks!

(Noris) #4

Hi @James_Leung,

I wanted to update you here and let you know I’ve been able to reproduce similar findings on my end and that I have asked QA to review the files as well. I was unable to see MQA content on tracks 1,2,3,6 in Roon, but the other tracks worked as expected.

1 Like
(Noris) #5

Hi @James_Leung,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the report!

1 Like