Roon does not recognise/decode some MQA files under the same CD rip

Hi there,

I ripped the Hi-Res sampler for Classics MQA CD in FLAC format. Tagged all songs with the MQA tag restorer.

When I stream (Hifi Cast) from NAS to the Matrix x-Sabre DAC (MQA decoder), every song is decoded in MQA properly.

However, when I play it through Roon, the first song could not be recognized as MQA format but all other songs are decoded as MQA just fine. I have re-ripped the CD many times but it is still the same.

Any help anyone can provide?

Thanks
James

Hi @James_Leung,

Can you please send me this album via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com? Please send it as a private message by clicking my name and then pressing message. Thanks!

Hi @James_Leung,

I wanted to update you here and let you know I’ve been able to reproduce similar findings on my end and that I have asked QA to review the files as well. I was unable to see MQA content on tracks 1,2,3,6 in Roon, but the other tracks worked as expected.

1 Like

Hi @James_Leung,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Hello @James_Leung,

We’ve just released Roon Build 536 which includes changes that we believe will help improve things here. Please give Roon an update on all of your devices and let us know if you still have any trouble!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.