Roon does not remember window size and position: bug report & resolution

Since a fews days I had the problem that Roon did not remember its window size and position correctly.
With the help of this post I could solve the issue:

My system is Windows 10, Roon 1.8, build 1021

Roon stores its window size and position in the file “saved_window_pos” in the folder “C:\Users\AppData\Local\Roon\Database\Registry\Client”
I noticed that on my computer one of the numbers stored in this file was negative. It seems that Roon is not able to handle this and opens with a generic window size and position. When I removed the minus sign, everything worked fine again.

So if you encounter similar behavior, it might be helpful to take a look at the numbers in this file.

Hi @Rainer_Muller,

A very interesting issue! I attempted to duplicate it by modifying the file to contain a - number. Here were my specific steps:

Open Roon and note window position.
Close Roon.
Open file and change one of the numbers to a - then save and close.

When I did this and opened Roon, the window position moved proportionately to the left.

I then closed Roon and went back to the file. The value I had changed to - had reverted.

Roon modifies the window positioning values each time Roon is opened and closed. It’s possible that a firewall or AV is causing some access issues for the saved_window_pos file or file location.

While we couldn’t duplicate your issue, you certainly piqued our interest in trying!

Thanks,
Wes

I don’t know if this is what you are describing, but I now run Roon in a Windows 10 window to “temporarily” solve the problem of freezing and crashing. Windows always remembers this even if I shut down the Roon program on my Dell laptop and/or shut down my computer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.