Roon does not start after clicking on Roon icon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 Pro version 1909.
Ram 16GB
Running on Surface book pro 2 15inch.
Roon build number: 1.7 (build 571) stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
simple WIRE lan connection for home. working perfectly before, nothing change on the network setting at all.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chord Poly and chord mojo in Wireless 2.4G

Description Of Issue
My Roon was working before (in the last 2 days). However, tonight when I clicked on the Roon icon, Roon start screen appeared with one slogan as usual, but then the Bulletlike icon just keep running but Roon could not start. Please check the screenshot attached.

Please note: I just update the Windows, I think it was an update for my Surface book 2 firmware. Not sure because of that then Roon could not start.

I bet your graphics drivers changed… try to back those out or try something different.

1 Like

Sorry, but I need specific steps to follow. Can someone at as support staff of Roon Lab reply to this question formally since I purchased the subscription for 1 year already?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen

Given it’s the weekend support might not get to you before Monday

Hi @Thanh_Phong_Nguyen — Thanks for reaching out!

As wizardofoz suggested, I definitely recommend trying to uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers for your machine. You’ll want to find out what GPU you machine is using and then go to the manufacturer’s website and download the correct drivers.

Let us know if you have any questions and if this helps!

Dear Dylan:

First, I am an IT professional myself, and my Roon installed machine is
also my everyday working machine so I do take care of the installation of
anything, let alone the graphic card. Secondly, the graphic cards need to
be installed specifically for Surfacebook 2, not Nvidia or Intel UHD
Graphics 620 as I can find on their website. Because I tried that in the
past and it didn’t work.

Thirdly I am strongly aware that may be due to the recent update of
firmware of Surfacebook 2 happened on July 7 2020 as I checked the window
update.

So what is the necessary steps that I need to check and do?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.

Hello @Thanh_Phong_Nguyen, and thanks for your reply! Generally with issues like this, we’re able to have the user resolve the problem by either updating their graphics drivers or reinstalling their drivers, either step followed by an update.

Since your Surfacebook 2 recently had an update, I’d recommend reinstalling those graphics drivers and letting us know if that helps. Thanks!

Also, I believe this is the link to the correct drivers for your Surfacebook 2 according to Microsoft. I would follow their recommended steps for the reinstallation.

Dear Nuwriy:

Thanks for your support.

I did follow your link and download and install the SurfaceBook2_Win10_18362_20.053.37335.0.msi (which is the closest to my Windows 10 Pro version. The installation went well. However, I can not run Roon pass the Icon Roon displaying screen. Roon could not load its normal interface.

Can you help further?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.

Will someone have a look at this and help please?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.

The latest graphics update was
Intel Corporation – Display – 26.20.100.7639
Are you running that?

Dear Ged:

Yes, exactly that version:

Intel® UHD Graphics 620. - Driver version 26.20.100.7639

Driver date: 12/13/2019

Can you help further?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.

Not really. The hardware updates on the surface can’t be rolled back and given that the problem started after an update it seems like they are related.

One thing you could try is installing the 32 bit version from
https://roonlabs.com/downloads

Dear Ged:

I installed the 32 bit successfully, but it does not work either. Same error as before. The Roon icon just showing and run run, but no Roon interface could be shown.

Can you help me any further?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.

I’m just a user like yourself I think you need the real roon team. @support

1 Like

Yes, and how can I get Roon support attention? Can you help?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.

I’ve done that with the @ support tag.

1 Like

Hello @Thanh_Phong_Nguyen, I’d like to gather diagnostics from your device and create a report for our team. I’ll enable diagnostics now and next time your core is active, your diagnostic report will be uploaded to our servers. Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. I’ll be back once I’ve had a chance to review this information with our team, thanks!

Hello @Thanh_Phong_Nguyen, looks like we were unable to receive diagnostics from your SurfaceBook. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link? Thanks!

Dear Nuwriy:

I have completed uploading the Log files to the requested Zoho workdrive. Can you help further?

Kind regards,

Phong Nguyen.