eero 6 extender

Wi Fi
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node

JBL 4305 P Studio Monitors

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon sees my Roon Ready devices but does not add them to zones. Everything was working fine until the most recent update. Sonos products are added to zones but nothing that is certified as ROON Ready.

Have reinstalled and restarted everything with no luck.

Show a screenshot when you click on one of the roon ready devices.

It also no longer can see my Macbook Pro speakers which I use as my controller.

Thanks!

Sorry I meant in the setup cog

Sorry I don’t know that I’ve ever seen them there even when working. Here’s what I have under Settings.

Maybe this is what you actually meant.

Still looking for some advice on this. Thanks.

Damon

Am I doing something wrong is seeking help for this issue? I paid for a lifetime membership and have now gone 3 weeks without the software working. Did the latest update and now it can’t find any of my Roon Ready device zones or anything that has HD playback. They are all enabled in Audio Settings. The software can now only see airplay zones. Can someone please update me on what to do to get this fixed?

Thanks

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Gateway eero Pro 6
eero 6 extender

Wi Fi
No VPN

Eero

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node

JBL 4305 P Studio Monitors

Am I doing something wrong is seeking help for this issue? I paid for a lifetime membership and have now gone 3 weeks without the software working. Did the latest update and now it can’t find any of my Roon Ready device zones or anything that has HD playback. They are all enabled in Audio Settings. The software can now only see airplay zones. Can someone please update me on what to do to get this fixed?

Thanks

Please don’t open duplicate support requests. Your request is in the queue of the Support Team, and a member will respond as soon as it reaches the head of their queue. I’m afraid that they are a small team, and somewhat swamped at the moment.

Ok. I had no idea if I was being helped or ignored.

Damon

Usually knowledgeable helpers in the Community will pick up the slack where they can, but your issue is unusual - if devices are showing as enabled in the Settings > Audio screen, then they should automatically be showing as Zones in the Zone picker list.

Can you post screenshots of the complete list of devices shown in the Settings > Audio screen? There may be a clue there that we’ve missed. Thanks.

As you can see they are there and enabled but when I go to select a zone lots are missing. Worked for a bit after the update but not there the following morning.

I was able to create another CORE on a spare Macbook and now my controller’s see everything. This makes me think the problem is with the Nucleus update. Should I do a backup and then go back to factory settings? Then put the backup back into the Nucleus? I really don’t want to lose the months of work I’ve done on updating my library, etc. If so, what would be the best way to do this?

Damon

Another user here, don’t own a nucleus or run ROCK, but…
… is it possible that you had ticked the “Private zone” option, which hides endpoints from other remotes?

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t think that is. Not even seeing that as an option on my devices.

I set up a new Core on an old Macbook and that version sees everything.

Hey @Damon_Bramblett,

First off, welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here, and you have my utmost apologies for the long delay in getting to your thread. I’ve marked this thread to ‘Watch’ which will ensure nothing slips through the cracks moving forward. :+1:

As @Geoff_Coupe mentioned, this is an odd issue indeed! A good first step would be to refresh your RAATserver database. If anything, it’ll provide us a clean slate to work with as we continue to troubleshoot.

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new RAATServer

Let me know how things look after going through the above!

Another quick thing to note:

If you can, I would highly suggest hardwiring your Nucleus directly to your router via ethernet. This oftentimes solves a myriad of odd issues that pop up in regard to endpoint hiccups.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply. :+1:

OK I did that. Still not seeing my Roon Ready devices or the Macbook speakers where the controller is running. Let me know what you need me to do. For some reason it can only see Airplay devices.

Damon

Hey @Damon_Bramblett,

Thanks for giving that a try! I’d like to see how things function on a fresh database altogether. Similar steps from before:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Before restoring your database, I would quickly check to see if your devices populate properly on the fresh database. From there, you can restore your latest backup and see how things look.

Let me know! :+1:

Ok that seems to get my devices back. Appreciate it.

Seems to be repopulating my albums. Do I need to replace the Database with the backup I made?

Thanks,

Damon

1 Like