Roon doesn't see my Roon Ready Devices in Zones

Glad to hear it @Damon_Bramblett!

Yes, go ahead and restore from the recent backup and let me know if you’re still able to connect your devices. If not, then we may be facing some database-related issues.

Let me know :+1:

What is the best method for replacing with my old Database?

Damon

So I restored that backup and my Roon Ready devices went away again. Something happened with the last update that made this happen. Is there any way to get my play history, etc. back?

Damon

Hey @Damon_Bramblett,

Thanks for the udpate! Sorry to hear the issue reappeared after restoring your previous database. As a next step, we’ll want to take a closer look at the specific backup you used, if you could please:

1. Create a fresh backup of your current database experiencing the issue
  2. Zip up your RoonBackups folder (right-click it and select “Compress…”):
  3. Submit the .zip file to us through our Database Issues portal

This sounds similar to a separate issue we’re currently working on. Take a look at this thread here and let me know:

Were you able to give this a try as well? Thanks!

I’ve always had it hard wired to my router.

I guess time listening it not that important to me but I did like having the data of when albums were added, etc. Now it’s like starting from scratch which is not preferred with a lifetime membership.

Thanks,

Damon

Hey @Damon_Bramblett,

I certainly feel your pain here. The best next step would be to analyze your current database and try to understand where the error lies.

If you’re able to make a fresh backup, zip it up, and upload it to the link I’ve shared above, that would helpful. Thank you!