"Time Listened Last 4 Weeks" is stuck at 0 minutes [Ticket In]

I have been using Roon for a few weeks now and, so far, I am really enjoying it. One issue I’ve noticed is that under “Recent Listening” it shows 0m and all my last four weeks of history are all at 0 minutes.

It shows 0 minutes on my iPad, the Windows app, and on the Android app.

Recent Listening was populated but at some point in the last few days all history (Last 4 weeks) reset to 0 and is not incrementing. My listening history seems to be fine and shows all the tracks I’ve listened to back to April 28 (which is when my Rock was built).

The only thing I’ve done to my system is backup my Rock and then setup a backup schedule.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue since the latest update arrived this week. A full reboot of my Linux laptop running my Core solved the problem here. Now it’s showing the correct listening time.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same issue. I think it got reset after the latest update.

1 Like

This is a daily occurrence now.
Rebooting the core ‘fixes’ it

My core now takes over a minute to find every morning and I don’t own an android device that I can use for a remote without restarting it between every song. I’m unsure how only I have this issue. Android 10 and 13.

I’m feeling like a lot of regression is occurring as new features are added. That is a tough balance.

1 Like

reboot your core and it will repopulate.

2 Likes

Thank you all. I rebooted my CORE and all the listening data returned. Thank you. I will let you all know if it “stays” or if it goes away again and I have to reboot later to “fix” it.

1 Like

My setup or situation my differ from others but I’ve been noticing the zero minutes for a long while going back numerous updates. On my windows laptop remote it will happen daily, seemingly when the new day occurs. Simply restarting the remote software gets it back to normal, no booting laptop or NUC core.

1 Like

It is a known issue and they are working on it. The issue was found and reported in the early access channel.

6 Likes

I can confirm it was fixed in earlyaccess.

4 Likes

it is still present in b1273

2 Likes

I actually tried restarting my remote software and it didn’t seem to help for me. The CORE reboot worked! Thank you for responding to this thread!

It appears to happen at midnight. The log file this is reading resets. I’m not sure how they are populating that table but it doesn’t appear to know to reread the log until the client/core is restarted.

It use to be. Leave the client up overnight. this occurs.
A quick close of the client would repopulate the data.

today, if you leave the client open after midnight, you have to reboot the core to repopulate the data.

I have no idea what caused that slight change for me.

didn’t mean to direct that to you. My apology.

2 Likes

Strange…

Was working fine for me after the fix the other day. Even this morning everything was still fine for me.

Will check again when I get back home later on.

1 Like

Mine has gone again the day after a reboot (not sure if last night’s backup triggered it)

2 Likes

Got home and checked if this still worked for me and it does.

Did a core reboot thinking this may trigger the issue to return. All still works for me.

I’m on earlyaccess b1273

1 Like

I understand an automatic backup breaks it.

2 Likes

It does appear related to scheduled backups. Forcing a manual backup doesn’t break it; switching views doesn’t break it, and it is tied to a Profile. When it shows “0” for the Profile last used, changing to another Profile shows the correct calculation for that Profile. Switching back to the last used Profile returns to “0”.

Definitely related to Core (I’m using a NUC), and all Remotes display the same error until restarting Core/Server. Fortunately a cosmetic issue that’s a minor inconvenience.

3 Likes

I see I see said the blind man :slight_smile:

My last auto backup was on the 8th and they’re scheduled to happen every 4 days. Let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

You need the rest of the joke.
“I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw”.

3 Likes

This is the second time this has occurred for me. Everything returned to normal after I rebooted the Core, but the issue cropped up again.

2 Likes