Roon doesn't show DAC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

SonicTransporter i9 with Roon and HQ Player.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NetGear GS108T, Ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Synology NAS > Ethernet > Gigabyte Switch > Ethernet > SonicTransporter i9 > Ethernet > UltraRendu > USB > PlayBack Designs Stream IF > Fiber > PBD MPS-5.

Description Of Issue

No issues for 10 months. I disconnect electrical from all equipment when out of town or storms. Never a problem when all equipment is turned back on.

Returned home yesterday and no music would play to MPS-5 zone. Rebooted all equipment and now Roon can’t find MPS-5.

MPS-5 and Stream-IF register the DSDx4 signal they receive from the upsampled filters in Roon. If I unplug the USB cable from the UltraRendu they show the connection is not there.

The zone for my Marantz PrePro in the living room for HT works as normal.

My iPad that controls the system shows an update on 8/23/20 that would have been just before I shut everything down to leave town.

For whatever reason when powered down the UltraRendu eliminated Roon Ready as my choice.
As soon as I selected it my DAC showed up.

I will say was just a stroke of luck finding it as I didn’t set it that way to begin with.

Hi @Brad_Rockwood,

I don’t quite understand you previous message, are you saying that rebooting the UtraRendu resolved this issue for you? If not, I would start off by a full reboot of your Core, networking gear an audio devices to see if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.