Roon Essentials wil not accept my TIDAL credentials

Started up RoonEssentals with my Elac Discovery. My TIDAL playlists were gone. In services my TIDAL subscription said ’ Not configured’. Trying to log in gives back ’ Bad user name or password’ but logging into TIDAL on a desktop works just fine. What could be wrong?

System:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
MacOS High Sierra: version 10.13.6 (17G65)

Version:
Core : Elac Discovery DS-S101-G
Roon Essentials version 1.3 (build 40) Stable (32 bit)
Firmware version 1.3 (build 28) stable)

Version on the mac is
Roon Essentials version 1.3 (build 40) Stable (64 bit)

Roon Labs didn’t write Roon Essentials, did they? Maybe Tidal integration is not part of that software?

Roon Essentals is part of the device Elac Discovery DS-S101-G. When buying a Discovery you get a Roon Essential discription for the duration of the lifespan of the device.

No, I understand, but I think Roon Labs didn’t write it and isn’t responsible for it.

It seems that Elac, who, I would assume, either wrote or contracted out the software, didn’t include a Tidal interface.

Dunno, just my 2 cents. I’ll tag @support for you, that way you’ll get a professional reply.:grinning:

Thanx for helping out! Hopefully the have a sollution (it’s a strange problem)

Have you tried rebooting your Discovery server? Seems that that might help…

1 Like

reset the device and it offered to update. Did that (twice). Now it can’t find the core (device) anymore in the network. (I’am trying to fix that…)

Finally succes! Thanks for all your support!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.