Roon Essentials won't allow Tidal login - Bad username or password

I think you are expressing the frustration of many ELAC customers like me given the current Tidal access problems which in fairness look like the result of a change made by Tidal

As I don’t know the commercial arrangement between ELAC and Roon it is hard to know who dropped the ball.

While Roon Essentials was an interesting development I think the lack of take up by other manufacturers and that fact it looks like a white labelling of Roon v1.3 with no updates and maybe some per issue maintenance has left ELAC with a bit of a problem

Elac support is a joke! Roon is good with their product. Essentials has never been essential to Roon. They see Essentials a disgrace to the family!

Still like the ELAC “Roon Appliance” concept but it was always going to be a challenge if they were on the only Partner. Also this approach had the added challenge of seeing Roon develop while Essentials remained a snapshot.

Still, that doesn’t excuse poor service especially as the Discovery is still available to buy!

I do wonder if ELAC will be thinking about how to withdraw the DIscovery and how long support will continue after last one sold. 12, 18, 24 months? Android and IOS continue to evolve so the Roon Essentials remote will still need updating.

Maybe ELAC will be looking at SONOS right now who are getting some backlash from their decision to withdraw software updates from older models. SONOS have offer a 30% buy back credit towards newer models but the marketing communications have still been poor.

Hopefully ELAC will push a update to fix the Tidal issue over the next week and it would be nice if they told customers when it was going to be released as the silence seems to be doing most of the damage right now.

1 Like

Meridian have chosen not to update Sooloos at all for the Tidal change so it’s dropped from what I see. As roon themselves are having issues with some users having to log in to Tidal a lot they may be waiting until they have a fully working fix until doing the ELAC update.

I just purchased the ELAC Discovery DS-S101-G. It was an easy setup, but I also ran into the Tidal login issue. Not a big deal to me if Tidal is connected. I have enough music to keep me listening for years, and I’m not agianst buying new HD music. I’m sure it will be fixed at some point.

I did live-chat with the ELAC support people on their web site regarding some setup questions. They were very responsive and helpful. The techs hinted that there is a cool update coming out for the unit soon.

Alexander -

You’ll enjoy the Elac Discovery. Even more so with Tidal connected and the Roon interface. I’m glad Elac mentioned the future update to you. A few weeks ago I ran into the Tidal issue and Elac responded as follows:

Hope the Tidal login issue is fixed soon and I hope the Roon Essentials update is true.

Mark

1 Like

Still no music…
There are a lot of discussions/assumptions in this community about this topic…
But I did not see any reply of Roon that something is being done and when it will be ready…
so I can start listening again to my favourite music…

1 Like

Then you haven’t read this thread closely enough… Scroll back and look for the reply from Dylan.

Ahem

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying
Regards
John

A Roon Essentials update would be some nice icing on the cake for when the Tidal issues are fixed. I must admit I thought the Discovery was more likely to go end of life than get a new feature update so credit ELAC for believing in their product,

1 Like

I have just received an email from Tidal claiming the login problem is resolved. Well it is not. Your opinion is considered.

You’ll need to wait until the firmware is upgraded before any new features are present.

You got me all excited although I knew the update has to come from Elac along with Roon. Still tried it, not working. Oh well, more waiting unfortunately. 2 weeks of no music and paying to Tidal Hifi for nothing!

This is the latest on the ELAC site

Almost looks like Roon Essentials is getting the Roon v1.6 treatment

1 Like

Very good news. I sure hope a couple of days means before the weekend. Without music I become very impatient especially in these quarantine days.

I t passes 3 days …! And it is not possible to Sign in in my Tidal Account !
User Name or PWD wrong !
It is Absolutely right : I can Sign In with my Data on the Tidal Website !

I reboot my Elac a million Times ! I Sign in and out in my Essential Account !
No Chance !
And yes…my Network and my Internet works fine :wink:

What s going on ???

In the Forum I read there is a Problem between Elac,Tidal and Roon !!!

At the moment there iss a big Problem for THE USERS !!!

3 days?
Brother, you’re so late into this that it is not even funny.

1 Like

:smile::smile::smile:

So what about this workaround Roon login that was proposed above, I guess this doesn’t solve the Tidal login problem?