Roon Extension and Android App: it'roXs!

Boris I hope the new job is going well.
Software has been working a dream for me since the updater issue was resolved and has been super stable.

Regards

Mike

1 Like

Hi Boris,

nice start, looks way better than before!
Take your time, you get your money from your new boss :laughing:

1 Like

Hi, some questions: could you make favoriting/banning songs available from lockscreen?
Could your app be able to provide bit perfect on android. (Something the roon app seems to struggle with)

itRoxs is just a control app its not a player , Roon can only play via its own authorised player software.

1 Like

Idk… What IP do I connect to? Windows firewall is killed…
I can’t get it to connect to an ip or find the right one or find a host name? Idk what I’m doing help,

Travis

Have you installed the extension to your extension manager?

Mike

1 Like

Yes sir.
I believe I did everything, just not able to find the right IP or the host name…

Travis from memory it is your Roon server.
Do you have Windows firewall.
Have you put this on the same Windows machine as ROON?
Try disabling the firewall to test this.

Mike

Idk what a roon server is or where I can collect the correct IP or the correct Host name…

Windows firewall is off entirely, I did thst so to not conflict with it.
Yes I’m using my laptop feeding my dac via USB/optical
Roon is on my laptop as main core.

Travis sorry Roon core or Roon server is what the server component of Roon is called and that is the IP that you want. So if it is your laptop, then you’re laptop IP address.
Maybe that is why I saw 127.0.0.1 address earlier, that is your laptops loopback address

Mike

1 Like

How do I locate the correct IP address so this extention starts working for me?

Just looking back at your replies, it looks like your laptop IP is 192.168.0.20
But it is trying to connect on 127.0.0.1 which is the local only address.
I don’t know if that causes you an issue or not.

I have never run it on the same machine as Roon only a windows pc and a raspberry pi

Mike

OK I’ll try both again.
Just mainly trying to get the notification bar previous/pause/forward buttons on Android… It’s an embarrassment Roon hasn’t done that yet. Very amateur

Travis it’s the same on iOS.
They are only designed for local playback, so it’s difficult for ROON.
What Boris has done is to make Android think His extension is playing music and it works nicely (once you have it running). I found the easiest way was to use a Raspberry pi and it has worked a dream since then
Good luck

Mike

I tried it with this one too…abd did command prompt and typed all the ips it had listed.

Don’t leave me for dead. Noooooooooooooooo

@Travis_herven, I sent you a PM…

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Harris

please let me correct this :slight_smile: it is not necessary to make Android think I would play something. There is an API to tell Android that my app is a remote control, no magic at all! This is why you get this second volume slider, the cast symbol stands for ‘remote control’:

So, it would be quite easy for Roon to do the same, let’s see what’s coming with 1.8 :wink:

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

Could you make Ban/Favourite track (the heart symbol) possible from lockscreen?

Unfortunately not. Roon does not provide an API for this functionality, sorry…