Roon Extension Manager 1.x (currently at v1.1.2)

Is The ‘Roon Extension Manager’(REM) Linux distro agnostic? I’m trying to get both Docker and REM up and running on a VIM 3 running Ubuntu 20.04.6 for use as an endpoint. I need easy instructions, or scripts, but get lost when jargon and weeds start to appear. :slight_smile: I did manage to install roon_bridge successfully?

I keep getting message like the following;

The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 7EA0A9C3F273FCD8

I’ve been using the instruction here just to install docker, but it continues to fail.

For installing Docker I suggest to use these instructions, you probably missed step 2.

With Docker installed you can then run the setup script as described here.

I’m not familiar with VIM3, so I can only provide generic instructions.

1 Like

Thx Jan, I’ll give that a try. I’m just trying to get all the Linux pieces in place first. :slight_smile:

Are there some known issues with the Extension Manager installed via Dietpi v8.20.1?
I’ve totally crashed one of my Raspis and had to reinstall Dietpi and installed the Extension Manager within Dietpi. Now there’s no “Remote Control” in the Categorys. Then I installed “Deep Harmony” with Docker pull on the same Raspi and that works.
I have another Dietpi with v8.17 and integrated Extension Manager where everything’s fine and I don’t dare to update this one…

I expect that you used the 64bit DietPi image for the reinstall. The Remote Control extensions are not available in 64bit. If you perform a reinstall with the 32bit image then they should be available again. The 32bit version is named " Raspberry Pi 2 PCB v1.1" on the DietPi website.

1 Like

Of course!!! :hushed:
Now I remember, about 1,5 years ago, your hint about the 32-bit versions. And at Dietpi both versions were choosable. Now there’s just one download if you choose your Raspi and no explanation about 64-bit… (on first sight)
The 32-bit version is so f***ing hidden, I’d never expect to search on " Raspberry Pi 2 PCB v1.1".
Thank you very much for the link!

Last time I downloaded a DietPi image it was like you described. When I checked again Yesterday, due to your question, I saw it changed.

I think for DietPi this is a logical move, the world is moving away from 32bit arm. Unfortunately not all extensions are maintained, so some have not made the move to 64bit.

@Jan_Koudijs

Hi Jan,
would it be possible to integrate Boris Schaedler’s macro.on extension?

@Jan_Koudijs

Hi,

Really appreciate extension manager and was using it on windows until now.
I just got a RP4 and installed Rooextend.
Unfortunately I see that the whole Web section is missing.
Should I hold my breath that we may get Roon Web Controller v1.1.1 ?

Thanks!

Hi @Art_Set,

It is available, but as the developer of the Web Controller stopped maintaining it long time ago it requires an extra step.

If you open the System category in the Extension Manager you can install Extension Snapshots. After that is installed you open its settings, select the Web Controller from the Web category and start it.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m using the latest DietPi 64bit image (x86_64), Remote Control extensions are available (and using Deep Harmony). Is the 64bit issue a Raspberry Pi (arm) exclusive?

Yes, not all extensions are available form arm64.

Hi,

I installed the extention in my synology NAS using Docker and the extension shows up in Roon under Extensions. I can browse extensions in the Roon Extension Manager but I cant get anything to install. It just sits at Installing…

Hi Alexandre,
Can you show us what you see if you click on “Settings” of “The Appgineer”?
There is everything you can play with.
Kind regards, Frank.

I just ended up installing roon web controller directly on my nas. Everything works.

Thank you @Jan_Koudijs for your work on Roon extensions! Looks like I’ll be buying you a coffee. :blush:

I just started with Roon extensions last night. I downloaded and installed RooExtend and activated RooPkay. I can play CDs through Roon, it’s working.

However, I have this error message that I would like to resolve:

“Repository download failed: Error: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN raw.githubusercontent[dot]com”

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE
*The error message on Roon Extension Manager is now gone. Not sure how or why. I restarted my MAC, which should not have affected the Raspberry Pi, and the error message was gone after that.

Best regards,
Dameon

1 Like

Are you China based?
I heared from a customer of rooHead that raw github content is blocked by their great firewall.

Best DrCWO

Ha Ha. Is that a joke? I’m in Australia. lol

1 Like

Hi @Dameon_Jamie, I have also seen that after rebooting the RPI on which it is running.
But after 24h, the message always disappeared.
So I think it has some problems while booting up, but that after a while, it is able to get everything downloaded correctly. During the period of the red message, everything works perfectly. It is only that message, nothing more.
Please check if the next day if the message persists.

1 Like