The airplay on a denon/marantz heos device interaction is proving really difficult. May take a few days to sort I fear!
I am travelling this week so it 0.8.6-0 for those on extension manager until I get a way to fix this one … meanwhile enjoy 0.9.3-11 its working well - but turn off airplay zones!
1 Like
Had a late moment of inspiration!
0.9.3-12 is in test! Let’s see if Mrs Gipsy can not have her TV taken over …
And 0.9.3-13 is now available for test
Improved behavior with remote control / HEOS app control. Pause/Stop/Play.
N.B. No skip forwards or back from RC or app.
Play / Pause works from HEOS in my testing of -13…
1 Like
Please keep testing. I am not updating the extension manager from 0.8.6-0 until confirmed as working well and stable as I am away on business. Hopefully will release on extension manager before the weekend when I will have time to help with questions.
Particularly interested in functionality of 2 way control, fixed groups and AVR zones.
I find I no longer need to have any resync delay.
I just used several of your features this morning…
I had one of the denon 150’s unplugged…
- plugged it in - heos found it - rheos found it
- it had been off since when I removed audio friendly name days and days ago - added friendly name in audio section
- started to play music on it via roon/rheos, was in cd quality when found
- paused music via the denon pause button
- rheos - changed to pass-thru quality and saved settings
- started music again thru roon app
- enjoyed the tunes…
- had to leave for work: used the pause button on the denon-150 device
- music stopped and I confirmed roon showed it stopped…
will test more tonight
2 Likes
@peter_richardson and @patrick_mccarthy Hi guys, I’m back
!
I have a new configuration with a new NUC i7 running ROCK. Trying this out first as I like the simplicity of a Roon appliance. I have RHEOS running (sort of) on Ubuntu command line server version running on a small Intel Core2 mini-pc. It is a clean install of Ubuntu server (CLI only) and it is only running RHEOS.
I followed the instructions in Github and it worked!! RHEOS is, however, just dumping its log directly to the screen. I know enough to be dangerous here, I need some help… While it runs and sees the HEOS speakers (correctly) and shows as an extension on Roon, the squeezebox speaker list on Roon is incorrect (duplicates mostly–four identical copies of my Garage receiver in the list). I can select a speaker but nothing will actually play (but shows it is on roon). I feel very close though!
Can someone possibly give some guidance on how to correctly setup RHEOS on Docker using Ubuntu?
P.S. I also have the RP4 running Appgineer/RHEOS and it looks to be fully functional. Even so, I’m hoping to make RHEOS with Docker on Ubuntu my long term solution.
@peter_richardson and @patrick_mccarthy
Quick update… tonight I found Portainer, a GUI tool to manage Docker, and it is awesome. I was able to easily switch between the latest and test versions of RHEOS. This is a very cool tool for anyone using containers. I want to let everything settle down before testing, but so far everything seems stable.
I use portainer on my NAS too… I have a stack for the :archive and the :test labels…
I set the yaml to always pull-- then, i just stop and start the Stack --I have a new version of peter’s image working in seconds
1 Like
Did you solve the repeat entries issue?
Was suggested that you may need to edit the receiver “friendly name”” via the heos app or the web interface …
I was just heading there… I removed all friendly names in roon, went to heos and renamed everything – this was at the beginning of the .9 issues…
also, you have two rheos’s – unbuntu and RP4… did they use the same config file - so is roon getting confused between turning them on and off? I have all my separate labels have their own config.json (always start the first one with a blank config)
1 Like
On Ubuntu just follow the instructions to install docker and then copy the ping and pull the image …
Then run using the command line - I shared above somewhere - remember to set network:host …
Very easy
here is also a tool to run docker run into yaml
Composerize
1 Like
Make sure you only run one docker image at a time - you may need to stop one if you are using different devices.
Check what RHEOS versions are enabled and I suggest just use one…
I’d start simple and build up - avoid switching back to earlier version unless you have to …
yep, I use TEST label all the time. then when beta testing gets hairy and I need to just listen to music, I stop that Stack and start the ARCHIVE label you created (I had it called 8.6 with no label before you built the archive) [finally deleted my 7x version
] - each of these has their own config.json file… and i keep only one enabled in the extensions (have to go back and disable the label turned off)
btw, you have both
archived
and
archive
labels out there, i am assuming archive is the right one…
I saw this - must have been a typo when I built.
Will delete one when I am back- but don’t want to pull the wrong one!
what about just labeling the archives you want to save as the version number of the archive…
so label would be (I forget which patch in 8.6 was the last one so i put nn here):
0.8.6-nn
(or if you cannot use . then _ or - )
many post a few versions back this way - then we know we can destroy our entire image and get back the right archive version based upon the label number…
1 Like
I would really recommend just installing Ubuntu and Roon server as well as docker. Then run RHEOS as a docker container. Your set ups seem more complex than needed.
You can even run Roon as a docker container. I may experiment with an image that has both… (but not now!)