My Money is on Kent trying several combinations over the next few day… because, well, wouldn’t we all do that with a new toy? ![]()
So much fun ahead!
and thoughts on this? the Nucleus One
Roon - Discover Nucleus
Looks better value than the nucleus / titan. I love my nucleus but wish I could run apps on it directly. I was a great gift …
I sent in a question to support if the hdmi out supports multi-channel dsd playback – no response yet… maybe i will head over to the community release thread and ask…
No PCs do, it will be the same in this regard. Why would anyone buy one I don’t know it’s still overpriced for what essentially looks to be an n100 board.
so right now the only way to get my dsd’s to play 5.1 channel is to not use roon for this…
a. docker container of minimserver → oppo udp-203 sees it as a server - > life is good
b. at a frequency i copy from the nas to a large usb drive dsd (and mkv) files -->plug into oppo → life is good
oppo only supports smb1 so i cannot map to the nas - not worth the security hole…
just would be nice to push dsd files from roon directly to the amp digital, but a firstworldproblem…
I have been using FIXED GROUPS now on and off all day trying to break it…
pretty stable - it doesnt like you to take an rheos group that is playing and ‘add’ another device to the group – and no, not a feature you should try to fix – what IS awesome is, while it would not do it, it did not crash or complain, it just moves to the device you “wanted” into the group and moves on…
so:
- i am finally using fixed groups now and they are working cleanly
- its stable - and me doing offending things in roon app doesnt crash it…
nice work…
for me lucky -13 all the way
Thank you Patrick.
Really helpful.
Peter
@patrick_mccarthy ding ding ding … Patrick wins the prize for best guess!
I now have a NUC i7 running Ubuntu server running Roon server and RHEOS. I’m also running docker with portainer for slightly easier container management. It is a community edition and I’ve found it a useful visual console manager for docker.
The journey involved about 15 reinstalls of Ubuntu as I figured everything out. I quickly learned that a reinstall from a USB stick was a hundred times faster than fighting with some odd configuration error on my part. I learned a lot in this iterative process.
The good news is that I understand how to easily deploy any version of RHEOS on docker. I’m tempted to put Roon on docker but held off for now.
P.S. playing music right now with CPU idling at 0.9% and memory usage at 11.9%
Great to hear. It’s been a journey!
Let me know how you get on with AVR zones as that was where we were having challenges and I think I’ve put in some changes that will make this work.
Did fixing the friendly names work or was it more a matter of getting the general setup simplified?
Thanks for your continued interest.
Peter
Hard to say for sure, but I think it just getting the configuration right. I’d guess the original setup that I’d been using for some time had issues with Windows firewall. Now it all just seems rock solid and it is so fast. Also, now that the system is stable, I’ll feel more comfortable doing the testing and giving you more useful information.
I did everything that you posted and I was successful loading RHEOS on my NAS.
Unfortunately, I am getting the “Kitchen, etc.” that you were previously getting. Not sure how to fix, but I am happy that I was able to install with your directions.
can you confirm the version? getting the ‘kitchen’ etc is ghost data from peter’s setup and builds and it means its either not really talking on the environment and/or not dealing with the config.json correctly.
I have Rheos 0.9.3-13
That shouldn’t be happening. Are you using the docker image or cloning from GitHub?
If you capture the output from stdout to a log file could you share so I can see where this is being created.
I am pretty sure it is the Docker Image. I copied it from the DockerHub page.
In order to help I do need more information on exactly what is happening. I’m not sure what you are experiencing from your description.
Please check you downloaded the image tagged as test.
Ensure you have stopped and removed any previous RHEOS containers.
Check the information shown in the extension settings information that it is showing 0.9.3-13 please (Patrick is correct that I had uploaded a configuration file in and earlier version 0,8.6-0) but there is no similar file in the present test version.
Yes. That looks fine. What is the issue?
