Roon gets frozen after I add a photo in an artist profile

After the latest sw update (now it’s 1.8 - build 903) I have added a photo in an artist profile (it belongs to my personal archive in my hard disk) and I used the profile editor. After I have saved it and I have tried to open again the artist link but Roon has got frozen and at the end I had to break the program and starting it again. I have tried to do the same with other artists profiles and it worked all ok.
How is it that? What can be wrong with that? I have tried to change image using a smaller one but I have had the same result.
Thanks for supporting and… excuse my poor english. :roll_eyes:
Massimo

Hi,

Your topic was moved to the support section of the forum, let see if @support can help.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

PS What version was Roon running prior to updating to B898?

The current version is 903 and unluckily I don’t recall the previous version that was running before the update.
These are the requested specs:

• Core machine: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version (Build) 21H2 (10.0.19044), Ram 8 Gb, Hardware specs, Roon build), CPU Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Roon ver. 1.8 - build 903;
  • Not using Remotes;
  • Networking details: internet on fiber, 100 Mb and PC connected to modem via bluetooth
  • Audio devices in use: System Output
  • Library details: music stored in a folder in the same PC: 759 folders, 2.726 files, 31 Gb

The problem happened while I was editing music working on my PC.

Hey @Massimo_Giuliacci,

Thanks so much for letting us know the details of your setup and the issue you ran into :pensive:

We’d love to help :nerd_face:

Just to make sure I’m not missing anything: Roon froze when you tried to upload a photo to an artist. You also mentioned doing that for other artists and it all worked.

If you don’t mind, would you please upload the image you’re trying to use in our media drive? What artist was this?

As a test, could you please try to upload a different image to the same artist? Does Roon freeze?

Hello,
today, after a couple of days, I have tried to access the artist profile again and it finally worked well!
I confirm that Roon froze after I uploaded the artist image and I tried to erase this one adding a new one but Roon kept freezing. It happend only when accessing this artist (it’s the tenor Nico Van Der Meel, by the way).
Thanks for the kind and fast support! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.