Roon hangs after playing music for 1-2 days on InnuOS Zen Mk3

Thanks, @Andreas_Lindmark — We’d like to take another look at what’s occurring here so we can confirm whether or not we see any changes in the diagnostics report. The next time this occurs please provide a timestamp and we’ll enable diagnostics and take a look.

@dylan
Hung again, between 6.45 and 7.15 somewhere.
Tried to find a way to upload the logs but can only upload images?

Here are the logs: https://www.jottacloud.com/s/057e27dce5359f84aedbdf9e723749878dc

The backup ran last night. I still think it’s related to the backups.
I’m turning that off now.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Definitely let us know if this is resolved without the backups. Can you verify where you are backing Roon up to?

@dylan
Yeah, it’s to my NAS on the LAN.
I set it to only backup every 14th day a while after I ran into this issue.

@dylan
Backups seem, so far, to be working to a USB stick in the InnuOS.
I’ll report back.

@dylan
Pretty much confirmed that the backups over my NAS make Roon crash.
Backup to USB drive seems fine, also turning off backup makes the problem go away, of course.
Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks.

Now backups are failing because the Zen lost the USB device… added it again and formatted but Roon is not finding it.
I’ll just not use backup.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Thanks for confirming this! Can you manually backup to the NAS to reproduce this issue so we can take a look? Please provide the time that the you start the backup and notice the issue occur and we can enable diagnostics.

Thanks!

@dylan
I spoke too soon… it’s crashed again. And backups are now disabled. :frowning: back to square one.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Can you confirm what time you noticed the crash?

I was hoping you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

@dylan
Just before I posted the earlier update this morning.

Looks like ~6:42am
Not sure excactly when tho, since this was when I got up to go to work.
It was paused last night.

@dylan
Had another crash yesterday.

@dylan
And again now at about 17:45 …

@dylan,
More logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0zp13x3vzl8z3/roon_log-1568104105.zip?dl=0

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

I spoke to the team about the latest updates you’ve given us on this issue and wanted to follow up. Previously, I had asked the following:

The team isn’t currently seeing anything in the logs that are pointing us to what’s occurring here. While the Zen is a little more locked down, we have a bit more insight into what could be occurring on a Windows machine which should help us better identify the issue. Additionally, we can compare the logs and verify that this is the same exact issue occurring on both.

Please give this a try and report back if you experience this same behavior on Windows, and include timestamps for the time it occurs here if so, and we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

@dylan,
We’ve already concluded that the problem is not isolated to the InnuOS, but ok, I’ll migrate to the windows install, again.
I’ll report back when it’s done.

@dylan
Back on the windows 10 install, I’ll just stay here until this is fixed I guess.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Thanks for making the switch over. Comparing how things perform here will be helpful as we have a bit more insight into what might be occurring on a Windows platform. Once you see this behavior occur again please let us know and we’ll take a closer look!

A post was split to a new topic: Roon stops running on it’s own