To be clear, this is the sixth time I’ve had to come onto this forum due to Roon creating some kind of major instability on my system. I don’t have problems with ANY of my other media playing software. If I hadn’t bought a lifetime subscription, I would have abandoned this platform a long time ago: it’s wasted so much of my time. Please do better by your subscribers: Roon 1.8 is not stable for so many and this is not good enough for someone who forked out significant cash to be a subscriber.
Just a quick fyi: I’ve been able to get Roon to occasionally open (maybe 1/10 times) and it comes up with ‘no audio devices found’. Again, my audio device is stable in windows and works on any other audio playing software on my computer.
Just a question, does the problem only occur in Windows, or do you also have Linux in use?
With Windows I would also look for the latest drivers from the manufacturer. With Linux there are still these hints:
and known problems with hybrid graphics (2 graphics cards in the system) can be found in large quantity on the Internet.
The latest and greatest hardware with old drivers and software is a common problem, which Microsoft also does not have under control with their updates. Manual reworking is required here.
Roon 1.8 (Build 816) ist live! (for Android only) Roon 1.8 (Build 814) ist live! → new Version
Roon 1.8 (Build 806) ist live!
Roon 1.8 (Build 795) ist live! Roon 1.8 (Build 790) ist live! → old Version!
The best product from RME so far. RME’s HDSPe MADI FX PCIe card is one of the best multi-channel audio interfaces on the market.
With 390 audio channels distributed over two optical inputs and one coaxial MADI I/O, the HDSPe also offers support for up to four MIDI channels.
Brand RME Type Internal Sound output Stereo Maximum sampling rate 192 kHz Function MIDI, Audio Interface
Were there drivers to this card, perhaps Microsoft also shot them up during the last update so that only trivial audio programs run.
Ok: rather than wait for some support, I decided to uninstall Roon (including all local data) and complete a fresh install. It worked: Roon loaded up normally and can see my audio device again. However, the program crashes after about 10 seconds of being open. I’ve tried restarting the computer a few times, and, the same thing happens: it crashes shortly after opening.
After freshly reinstalling everything and restoring my backup, I got the same ‘no audio devices’ issue. I did ANOTHER fresh install, and this time, restored from a backup in July, and, everything is back to normal again. It was really quite the ordeal! Took my whole day yesterday to deal with! Crazy!
I also tried reinstalling the .NET framework, as suggested, and, it wouldn’t allow it (said it was already installed: I couldn’t figure out how to uninstall it). Also, all Roon applications are already exceptions in my firewall.
Anyway, I’ve managed to fix this issue, so, you can mark it as solved now if you like.